quick Snow guide for GA-MA770T-UD3P

9 posts in this topic

This isn't going to be a step by step guide, sorry. I just want to share a few quick notes, it may help someone.

Distro: Snow Leopard Client Server 10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel AMD

I have an old IDE CD drive so I couldn't install from the CD, I had to install it from my Leopard install.

( i won't go into details, there are plenty of guides up on the forum about this)

Packages selected:

1. ANV Kernel with system kext

2. AMD patch

3. NVenabler (works great with nv8800gt)

4. Azilla Audio

5. ATIATA (chipset)

6. ElliottForceLegacyRTC (I'm not sure if it actually works or not my system time is off)

7. USBfix ( i don't know if it was necessary)

8. Orangefix

I had a blinking cursor after the installation, so I installed chameleon RC4, and everything was fine....

Installed iLife 09 and a few other apps, run software update (updated everything) and run Marvin's Amd tool on the root drive and everything seems to work great...

I hope it helps someone.

Hi!

I installed it with some problems (I need to boot in safe mode) then I can't write with my PS2 keyboard...

what can I do? (i don't want to change the keyboard now, another option)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

I just tried this with similar setup GA-MA770T-UD3P, and different video card, ATI HD4670. Everything pretty well so far. Only thing I did differently was select EVOenabler_Extras_Extensions under the ATI_Driver section, and select the Realtek_8169 driver under Network.

Video is working descent, I tried a couple times to get different hd46xx drivers working, but finally gave up and just selected EVOenabler_Extras_Extensions. I can adjust my resolution now, and QE/CI seems to be working. Under Graphics/Displays it detects correct VRAM, but shows chipset as ATI Radeon HD4890.

I may try to get the card working better later, and it would be nice to get the RealTek audio working, but I am happy to be up and running.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

I just tried this with similar setup GA-MA770T-UD3P, and different video card, ATI HD4670. Everything pretty well so far. Only thing I did differently was select EVOenabler_Extras_Extensions under the ATI_Driver section, and select the Realtek_8169 driver under Network.

Video is working descent, I tried a couple times to get different hd46xx drivers working, but finally gave up and just selected EVOenabler_Extras_Extensions. I can adjust my resolution now, and QE/CI seems to be working. Under Graphics/Displays it detects correct VRAM, but shows chipset as ATI Radeon HD4890.

I may try to get the card working better later, and it would be nice to get the RealTek audio working, but I am happy to be up and running.

Cheers

I have the same motherboard and the same video card!

And i can't get SL working.

I'm using a PS2 keyboard

I have the same motherboard and the same video card!

And i can't get SL working.

I'm using a PS2 keyboard

I'm using USB keyboard, I did select the PS2 fix when I installed, but haven't tested it yet. If I find my PS2 keyboard, I will test it, and report back.

Did you try the EVOenabler_Extras_Extension under the ATI drivers section of the install?

It seems to work with my MSI 4670, Device ID: 0x9490.

Also have you tried any of the other 4670 solutions on this board? There seems to be some universal 46xx drivers that some people have had success with, it consists of a couple of kexts, and a boot file. PC_EFI 10.6 is also supposed to support the 4600 cards, that could be worth a try.

It should be worth noting that I am experiencing kernal panics when I use a torrent client for some reason, i don't think it's related to the video card though. I will have to learn how to troubleshoot kernal panics to make this thing stable, although it's not that pressing of an issue, because I all ready have a server that runs my torrents 24/7.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Hi!

I installed it with some problems (I need to boot in safe mode) then I can't write with my PS2 keyboard...

what can I do? (i don't want to change the keyboard now, another option)

Thanks!

Just go in to customized before going into Install and check from ---->Patches---->PS2 . i hope it will fix your problem and also if it doesn't and your having problem with USB i prefer you to select ---->USB_fix----->IOUSBFamily_fix & IOPCIFamily_fix .

It will surely work.. but be sure to check Chameleon_RC4 since it fix many problems occurred after installation process. :pirate2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To install Snow from Leopard mount the Hazard .iso

You'll need to be able to view hidden files. If you can't type this into your terminal

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Open the .iso and go to /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

Make sure you select the correct drive and customize the installation, you can also install chameleon RC4 here.

If you'd like to hide hidden files put this into your terminal

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder