someone please help me i've tried almost everything

RobertNesta

9 posts in this topic

Alright seriously, I'm ready to quit. This is ridiculous. I have Iatkos, Kalyway 10.5.1, Brazilmac, Leo4all, and three other different packages of items to install a hackintosh. I've burned them all properly and most of them twice, all at the slowest settings. Nothing worked. I have a bad axe 2 board with a nvidea 8800 gts and a q6600 quadcore. I have 2 raptor hd's, one has xp pro installed. I installed it. Both drives are new. So the one works and boots the computer up into xp. Fine. I used partition magic to format the other drive as a fat32 drive. So then I disconnect the XP, and run the other hd. Boot through the dvd. Sata DVD. Always errors. Mostly can't find the apple.plist one, and with Kalyway, EBIOS errors and problems with the plist as well. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! So then, I disconnect the drive and run it on my g5 as the second drive. First I try someone's guide to installing it, complete with Brazilmac, Kalyway, and a set of commands to run through Terminal after downloading efi v80. It wouldn't allow me to complete this either. I followed EVERY direction to the letter. Nothing. I can't get anywhere. I just can't understand what I've done wrong. I've searched the forum and googled every possible combination of badaxe 2, kalyway, osx, osx86, leopard, and insanelymac and hackintosh that my fingers are bleeding, I've switched out the video card for a 7900 series card, I've moved ram into different slots, changed bios after bios, with infinite variations....and still nada. I can't believe it hasn't worked. Could someone please help me before i lose my mind......

when i had the apple.plist error.. i switched from an ide dvd to a sata and then the kalyway 10.5.1 went to installation, so not sure if switching to ide would work

I wouldn't switch to ide I don't think that will do anything.

As you have a g5 can't you install kalyway or something on to it with pacifist.

I have a a feeling that your problem will be something small and insignificant, and I hear the bad axe 2 is supposed to be compatable.

You said you can get Kalyway to start install, elaborate how far do you get, by the way kalyway is the only thing that will let me run an install, to use anything else I have to first install kalyway and then use pacafist to install to another disk.

I have installed onto a quadcore 6600 with nvidea video card , i used leo4all v2 iso .

Check your bios is set to optimised default .

Make sure your disk is on the first sata port and your sata dvd is on the second . Run leo4all v2

Before installing osx use disk utility ( part of leo4all v2 osx install ) and format (Mac os journaled) exit disk utility.

When installing it gives you an option to select whether or not to install certain addons etc ie languages etc .

Also the option to install either nvidea or ati drivers . you can tick / untick these options before installing .

Go with the default kernal too .

Hope this helps :mellow:

RobertNesta,

General things that would be helpful:

1. neatly list your system specs out, either in post or your signature. so it takes minimal effort on readers to see at a glance what your problem i

2. I'd say go with kalyway, but pick one and elaborate on your problems, list out what you did exactly, what error messages if any that your getting. exactly as they are shown.

3. Did you format to GUID ? or MBR ? Use the leopard dvd to format

3a. What options did you pick exactly on the installer? take screen shots or digital cam pics if you are unable to explain it thoroughly

3b. After install are you able to boot ? if no what errors

3d. if you are able to get to the darwin prompt by hitting F8 when booting from HD then make it your practice to boot with the "-v" boot flag (without the quotes) and wherever it locks up try and take a pic of the panic and post it.

bad axe 2 with guid and EFI TUTORIAL - not sure if this was the guide you were following previously

screenies for GUID EFI install - for reference

Here's a great little guide for EFI on GUID, tho i've never followed it to the letter and just used the commands that i needed:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75928

the top half of code sets your hd to boot

Thanks for the replies guys. Sincerely.

Okay I'll start with Kalyway. To elaborate on what I've done and currently have.

I took the sata drive and connected it to my g5.

I used the disk utility on the g5's leopard (retail version) to format the raptor drive as guid. One partition.

Then I tried to run the commands as per BJ Moose's guide. It wouldn't allow me to complete the first set of commands. Specifically, it wouldn't give me the permissions needed. Although I confess that I can't remember all of them. I'd be happy to redo them if necessary.

Then I just copied the kalyway iso to the drive, unplugged the drive, and tried to boot it on the pc.

It tells me to insert boot disc and hit any key over and over again. So nada.

Currently I'm putting in the kalyway disk at this point (and from reboot), and it goes to the Darwin/x86 boot screen

This screen also offers me the option of just hitting enter to load and the f8 option.

When I hit enter to start booting from kalyway, i get

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

When I hit f8 and then try -v, I get

Loading Darwin/x86

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] from 4230480 (this shows up twice)

and then

EBIOS read error: Error 0xbbBlock 8939983 Sectors 64 (this also repeats itself gradually over time)

so I don't get into the booting of the Kalyway disk at all really.

This happened before I did the GUID formatting on my G5 as well. So really there's been no difference.

SYSTEM:

badaxe 2

q6600 quad core

4gigs ram

nvidea 8800 gts

2 x 36 gig raptor drives

sata lg dvd

drivecoolermaster stacker case

I haven't preloaded any efi's. My understanding was that all happened with the Kalyway disk. Perhaps it's my bios setup?

BIOS Setup:

read sata as adfi

boot to dvd drive first

secondary sata disabled

Mr Roper,

1. for sure.

2. alright Kalyway3a. GUID (i assume you mean the retail leopard version installed on my g5 right?)

3b. I never installed leopard on the raptor. Only partitioned it using the leopard disk utility

3d. I'll get a camera from my gf. For now I'll just describe as above.

I do consistently get to the boot screen after hitting f8

When I type -v I get

error parsing plist fileloading Darwin/x86

Loading kernel mach_kernel

loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] from 4230480 (this shows up twice)

then EBIOS read error

note: I also get this when i just hit any key at the first boot up screen. -v doesn't seem to change anything. I seem to get two types of responses to the -v command. Seems like plist is the connection between the messages.

Please kick my ass to properly describe the problems if they sound vague or inaccurate. I'm new to the internal workings of code, but I'm game, and appreciate everyone's help. I'll post pics asap.

EDIT: for some reason all of my paragraph and sentence breaks were taken out. Hope this reedit works.

for a MB that's supposed to work mostly "out of the box" that seems like quite a bit of fiddling in the tutorials i've been reading. ....

Actually i meant format with the kalyway dvd. i would try and do it all on the hackintosh, without any retail leopard dvd. only using the kalyway installer and/or possibly some patch files you may need. i took a look around and it seems that it may be your marvell ide controller that's giving you problems. Without having the MB in front of me its tuff and i'm really just guessing.

I also read that only 4 of your 8 SATA ports will be functional under osx, but there's a fix to get them all working

This thread sounds like it may be for you, lots of badaxe2 users

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry653591

post 745 has bios screenies

post 761 has a patch No_vanilla_AppleAHCI.kext_4_Marvell.zip

post 765 has a screenies of the results

If your going to try kalway again, boot from leopard kalyway 10.5.1 dvd, goto diskutilities and format to GUID, in the kalyway options ONLY CHOOSE the EFI GUID bootloader under the last drop down on the installer window. use the default kernel (in other words do not choose any kernal option at all and no drivers to start)

as Reverbio mentioned give leo4all a shot as well, maybe it works better for your board