• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

pcandmac

pcandmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys i finally got my 10.5.1 to work on my pc, the only problem I am having is my audio. I have a sigmatel 9220 sound card for my dell dimension 5100. I followed the directions below but everytime I try the Fourth line i get rm: /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache: No such file or directory.

This was posted by pee_riz:{

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).
2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).
3. Open Terminal
4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"
5. Type "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions
6. Open up Disk Utility
7. Choose the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should start up. It may or may not fix things... Mine didn't repair anything, but I did is as a precaution.
8. Reboot.
9. Open up System Preferences/Sound to confirm audio. I have both output and input, but I have to check inputs.
10. My audio is coming out of the subwoofer port (black). I would try all of them if it doesn't work with black.
"

after this i wanted my hi def sound working, so i can across this page

- http://forum.insanel...showtopic=32859

and downloaded the HDApatcher v1.16, then went to

- http://psykopat.free...apple/AppleHDA/

and downloaded the codec dump named "codec_sigma9220.txt"

i put the HDApatcher in System/Librarys/Extensions then dragged and dropped the codec dump file on the patcher icon, followed the instructions and rebooted once it told me to and hey presto, i have the audio comming out the green terminal

let me know how yous all get on

Pee_riz.
}

Any ideas of why i get that error or any other ideas in general on how to fix my audio?

Thanks much

pcandmac

pcandmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hey guys i finally got my 10.5.1 to work on my pc, the only problem I am having is my audio. I have a sigmatel 9220 sound card for my dell dimension 5100. I followed the directions below but everytime I try the Fourth line i get rm: /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache: No such file or directory.

This was posted by pee_riz:{

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).
2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).
3. Open Terminal
4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"
5. Type "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions
6. Open up Disk Utility
7. Choose the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should start up. It may or may not fix things... Mine didn't repair anything, but I did is as a precaution.
8. Reboot.
9. Open up System Preferences/Sound to confirm audio. I have both output and input, but I have to check inputs.
10. My audio is coming out of the subwoofer port (black). I would try all of them if it doesn't work with black.
"

after this i wanted my hi def sound working, so i can across this page

- http://forum.insanel...showtopic=32859

and downloaded the HDApatcher v1.16, then went to

- http://psykopat.free...apple/AppleHDA/

and downloaded the codec dump named "codec_sigma9220.txt"

i put the HDApatcher in System/Librarys/Extensions then dragged and dropped the codec dump file on the patcher icon, followed the instructions and rebooted once it told me to and hey presto, i have the audio comming out the green terminal

let me know how yous all get on

Pee_riz.
}

Any ideas of why i get that error or any other ideas in general on how to fix my audio?

Thanks much

Any idea as of why i get that error in the terminal? Im new to mac so excuse my noobness.

Proteo

Proteo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
There is no such file in Leopard (the guide was made for Tiger). Use Extensions.mkext instead:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

But in Leopard that is not even necessary. It will rebuild the cache automatically upon restart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy