ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream

Cody B

1 post in this topic

I had copied the tiger-x86-flat.img successfully to my second HDD on my Primary Slave IDE Channel using "dd". The process had completed and I restarted my computer, booting via Acronis OS Selector to my X86 drive.

When it first rebooted, the Apple gray boot screen froze after about 30 seconds, and continued to do this every time I tried to boot. Then I decided to find what was wrong, and saw that every time it booted it would always get stuck on the following command:

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

When this comes up, my keyboard stops working and my mouse continues.

I have no idea why this is happening. My keyboard is PS2 (but I have a USB adapter if needed), and my mouse is USB. My HDD is a Western Digital 160GB with 8MB of cache and @ 7200 RPM. My CPU is a P4, with 1.6GHz and is Intel.

Any help would be great! I will also post my solution ASAP!!

UPDATE

Okay, for some reason, this started up fine in VMware. I think it has something to do with my BIOS.

SUCCESS!

I finally got this mess working! Here is what I did:

1. Boot into the system via VMware. Then, navigate via the Finder to /System/Library/Extensions. There, you need to delete the AppleTPMACPI.kext file.

2. After I deleted this file, I restarted the machine (still in VMware). The machine got A LOT faster.

3. I rebooted the physical machine, and noticed that I got different errors this time.

4. Rebooted again, and typed "platform=ACPI", and viola, the machine booted fine and was FAST! I am very satisfied with my machine, even though the 10.4.1 is a little outdated...

But I can't complain. This has been a hard battle. Now the only thing I have left to do is find drivers for almost everything...lol.

I really hope this helps some of you. I know, it is very frustrating! But DON'T give up! I didn't, and I got it.