• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

squatter

squatter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I'm still using this old 'board, still works great for me with a Quad CPU and is still solid as a rock. Here's some updates to keep it working nicely with 10.6.4.

The M/B Intel LAN drivers now look to be mature, use these ones AppleIntelE1000e
They support 1 Gig bit network automatically and resume/sleep without problems. There are other drivers around but non I've tried work as well as these.

10.6.4 & 10.6.3 broke USB with this motherboard (and many others apparently) with resume/sleep & various USB problems. I'm guessing a good DSDT may fix this but that's far too much effort. Too fix it simply replace the /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext with the 10.6.2 version.

squatter

squatter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I was experiencing a number of problems resuming from standby with Netkas's PCI EFI 10.5, it seemed to get worse since upgrading from OSX 10.6.2. I've now installed Chameleon RC5 r518 and the resume problems appear to have gone away.

Update: Actually the problem appears to be caused when running in 32-bit compatibility mode ("arch=i386") and using VMWare Fusion. Running in 64bit mode (which Chameleon defaults to) produces perfect standby/resume. Wake timer works properly too.

Piers Nayler ..

Piers Nayler ..

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there does anyboady no how to install snow leopard on this motherbaord i know there are some other types of baords which are the same specs.

I HAD GOT SNOW ON THIS motherbarod but when i booted in safe it was fine but in normal i kept getting kernel panics does anyboady know why?? (turn off your computer screen)

does anyboady no the full install of "How to install snow on this motherbaord"

Thanks!

DQ965GF

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Hi

I 've got successful install of Mountain Lion on this board
everything worked oob but graphic and audio so just add an inexpensive usb 5.1 sound card c-media chip and a 8400gs nvidia
install chameleon and kexts in SLE with champlist and follow post #1 of this topic in order to make system disk active (plug in sata 0)
Attached File  IntelDQ965gf_10.8.2.zip   484.15KB   54 downloads

good hack

Edit

SMBios.plist edited with iMac 10.1 to match old E6300 and get correct behavior of Finder and more
org.chameleon.Boot.plist edited with hex string (EfiStudio) "Display and Ethernet" in order to make App Store updates working :

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>a502 . . . e74</string>
</dict>

Power management and everything working nicely !!
a good board for ML !
:)

Lucacanon

Lucacanon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi every one...
i had a good installation and boot of 10.6.8.
AppleIntelE1000 for good gigabit ethernet
Vooodooohd seems work good

Everything is good, except integrate intel card and IDE DVDplayer(not problem for this)
I really need help, is there some kext or patch for these.
I tried lots, but i had problem on boot or kernel panic...

aliab, do you think should be better uprade to ML?

thank you everyone

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Mavericks is running well on this board

everything working but automatic sleep (manual sleep by apple menu is ok)

using Chameleon-2.2svn-r2266 or Chimera-2.2.1 boot loader, last AppleIntelE1000e.kext & FakeSMC.kext

Attached File  IntelDQ965gf_Mavericks_10.9.1.zip   619.17KB   39 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy