Mac Os X 10.4.11 on a Compaq Evo N610C Laptop

__Dragon__

58 posts in this topic

Hi im new here and i have just installed Jas Mac OS X 10.4.8 on my compaq evo n610c and i cant get it to boot! After i installed i took the disc out, Restarted and then it said something like "Cant find operating system" What should i do?

Hi,

give your hdd a name without spaces. "macosx" is ok, "mac os x" is not ok.

Ciao, kaerf52

i followed drangos instructions on page 2 to install osx on my n610c.

worked fine so far.. no problems during installation but when i try to boot the OS i just get a blinking cursor :)

whats wrong there?

btw: my hdd name = "OSX" so no spaces or anything.

worked fine so far.. no problems during installation but when i try to boot the OS i just get a blinking cursor :P

whats wrong there?

worked fine so far.. no problems during installation but when i try to boot the OS i just get a blinking cursor

whats wrong there?

Hi,

Jas 10.4.8 for me works great. 10.4.11 doesn't work on my evo n610c. Blinking cursor after booting the OS !

kaerf52

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi I need help with my compaq evo n610c laptop. I installed Mac os x 10.4.8 jas and every thing works but i can't get internet. I hook it up using lan and i tried using 3 wireless adapters.I normally use the Dynex n notebook card but that doesn't do any thing. So i tried to use a netgear WN111 v2"witch is usb" and the same thing happens nothing :)

Any help? thx :)

• 7 months later...
Guest alexreich

Alright so I upgraded my RAM, putting two new 512MB memory sticks in. I'm downloading iPC 10.5.6 right now, but I read on insanelymac forum that xxx 10.4.11 was compatible with my system also, and I have that .iso burned to a DVD. But whenever I try to install it, after I select packages & kexts, it says checking "installation disk..." then it says... there is a disk error and to check for scratches or fingerprints, there was an option to ignore and continue installation, so I did that. But when the disk is loading the OS on to my hard drive it says, "due to an error mac os x could not be installed" or something like that and it gives the option to reboot. WHAT DO I DO!?