Mac OS/Vista Dual boot with Mac OS first

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I installed Mac OS yesterday (10.4.8) Semtex kernel

I wanted to do a dual boot but when i was done with installing Mac OS and wanted to install Vista i remembered that there was a special way for that, i only saw a tutorial for a Vista/Mac OS dual boot which installed Vista first... so i wonder if it's still possible to make a dual boot system

Thx :) Mike

if you are going to install mac and vista on two different drive it is easy...just install one, that drive, and install the other on the second hard disk. then the easiest bootmanager is easybcd and it is nice and stable, so boot to windows install that (its free, just search google easybcd) and add the mac osx86 boot promt. and you are done

you might need to change what drive is first so the the windows drive is the first drive on the controller...and in easybcd you can pick what you want the default boot os to be, even if the windows drive is the first on the controller

what i meant was that i already installed Vista

Just a suggestion, maybe not what you are looking for,

You could use the grub boot loader, I installed PClinux yesterday and the boot loader screen looks pretty sweet. When it comes to configuring it. Piece of cake there it a very simple GUI in it. I myself had Vista first, then that now osX.

Just a thought.

1. You can just press F8 when Mac OS X is loading up then pick your NTFS partition or hard drive to boot into Vista.

2. Download/Buy a boot selector: EasyBCD, GRUB, Acronis Boot Selector etc.

3. Edit your boot.ini in Windows so that it includes Mac OS X. When the computer is starting up you will be prompted to pick an OS.

Any of these will get the job done.