Problem with ALC862 Sound Card

southp

6 posts in this topic

I am using Lenovo Y400 Laptop. The sound card is realtek 862. If I use AppleAzzalia Driver, the system can recognise the Intel HDA under audio output but there is no sound. When I use AppleHDAPatcher, when I drag the codec file from ubuntu onto the icon, it display "detected unsupported codec" However, if I change the vendor id in the dump file from 0x10ec0862 to 0x10ec0861, it can patch the system but after reboot, it still has not sound.

Anyone has any solution for this?

codec_0.txt

When I use AppleHDAPatcher, when I drag the codec file from ubuntu onto the icon, it display "detected unsupported codec"

Same here with my Lenovo 3000 C200...

Sound icon appears, have sound slider etc... but no audio output...

Codec: Realtek ID 862
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0862
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa8e2d

LenovoC200Audio.txt

Got similar prob... Not exactly though. I have a Toshiba A135-S4677 Dual-Core Pentium. Things work pretty good on it, except sleep and I had to put in a Dell / Broadcom PCI-E WIFI card with a piece of tape on pin 20, and a few other hacks, but sound has been a tough one to dig into...

Ive got the ALC862 chipset in there and I get sound through the speakers, but I cannot get sound through line out and I didnt even bother with testing sound in because there is no devices whatsoever in sound input.

On the sound control panel I get a device called:

HD Audio Output

and that is it. If anyone has any successes or suggestions of how to go about hacking this altogether Id greatly appreciate it....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...