Sigmatel STAC9271D on an Intel DP35DP mobo

madnoh

48 posts in this topic

I've tried Taruga's AppleHDA patcher v1.16 but it doesn't work. (Got the linux code dump here).

I found other threads here that said I might have to upgrade the kernel. Tried 10.4.8 with Semthex's 8.8.1. and it didn't work. Upgraded to 10.4.9 with Semthex's Nebukanezzar 8.9.1 and no success with Taruga's patcher. Replaced the kernel with Netkas' 8.9.1, still no audio.

I peeked inside AppleHDA.kext and it was indeed patched but both System Profiler and Preference Pane doesn't detect the sound card.

Does anyone have any success with this mobo?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot boot after clean install on the same mobo DP35DP, with XxX 10.4.10. I use USB DVD rom for setup and 250GB Hitachi SATA disk for Mac OS. Only one partition created with disk utility. Can you tell me what "distribution" do you install, and a brief explanation of you install process.

tnx

Core 2 Duo 2.66 4M, Motherboard DP35DP, Nvidia 8500GT, 2 GB Corsair, DVD Pioneer 112 wired External via USB, SATA 250 Hitachi, Clean Install without anything

I used the JaS 10.4.8 DVD, then upgraded 10.4.9 by Ahmed Moewaya's method, then upgraded to 10.4.10 with Koolkal's updater.

By the way, looking at your specs I'd say your graphics card is the problem. The 8500GT as far as I know is not compatible for hackitoshes. A 7 series with 256mb VRAM is your best bet. There's a lively thread about getting the 8800 GTS and GTX to work, but there are mixed results.

UPDATE 2nd March 2008: 8500GT cards are compatible for hackintoshes as of December 2007. Kindly disregard this OLD, OUTDATED reply.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi <_< ! did anyone find solution for STAC9271D? (sorry for my english it's not my native language)
Try HDAApple of Targua. I've got a dp35dp with sound card 9271D working very well.
hi :P ! did anyone find solution for STAC9271D? (sorry for my english it's not my native language)
Try HDAApple of Targua. I've got a dp35dp with sound card 9271D working very well.

By the way, looking at your specs I'd say your graphics card is the problem. The 8500GT as far as I know is not compatible for hackitoshes. A 7 series with 256mb VRAM is your best bet. There's a lively thread about getting the 8800 GTS and GTX to work, but there are mixed results.

bla bla bla

DONT MISINFORM PPL PLEASE

im running leopard on this mobo with a gf8500 GT with full QE/CI support so pls , gather facts before making such a statement

bla bla bla

DONT MISINFORM PPL PLEASE

im running leopard on this mobo with a gf8500 GT with full QE/CI support so pls , gather facts before making such a statement

Dear sir,

Please note that the reply was made in October 2007. I'm sure that we are all aware that the solution for G80 and G92 cards was made available in December. I subscribe to netkas' blog. Thank you and have a happy new year.

Madnoh

Dear sir,

Please note that the reply was made in October 2007. I'm sure that we are all aware that the solution for G80 and G92 cards was made available in December. I subscribe to netkas' blog. Thank you and have a happy new year.

Madnoh

omg dude, my sincerest apologies.(how the hell do i write that word)

i didnt realise the timeline, im verry sorry

while theres still someone here responding,

i have the

STAC9271D Chip

when i install the AppleHDA driver for it using the AppleHDA topic, i can only get optical out ?, the other lines are not on ?, and i do not use optical, is there a way to tell the driver to use the line out ? (no in prefpane theres nothing to set (besides internal speakers)

• 1 month later...

I Have everything else on this motherboard working perfectly but sound, using the test kexts from the link above has only allowed me to get optical output. I do not use optical output, has anyone found a way to get Line Out working on this chipset? (Running Leo 10.5.1)

I'm not sure as to why some of you can only connect using optical output. I have both internal speakers and digital output showing in my Sound Preference pane.

picture4zq0.png

I'm quite sure I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to get sound out. Just changed permissions and deleted kext caches in the extensions folder.

BTW, I have not tested mic and line inputs yet as I don't have a mic.

I have sound coming out from my 10.4.10, 10.4.11, 10.5.1 (Kalyway) and 10.5.2.

I installed manually.

Just to cover my bases, I'll elaborate.

Copied the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext files to the /System/Library/Extensions folder, then authenticated. Then opened up terminal and did repair permissions:

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext

Removed kext caches:

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext 
sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

and I repaired permissions again via Disk Utility (just being anal) and rebooted.

I did the same on all Tiger and Leopard systems I installed and they were all okay.

BTW I never tried the Optical Output either, I just have normal cheap ass speakers ;).

Still not working even after a clean install, but I notice that I am getting that little "blip" noise in my headphones that you hear when your soundcard initialises. So it's being detected and started, and shows up in settings and profiler. But there is no sound. Very Strange.

It just occurred to be that I am running the latest BIOS for this motherboard (released Jan 08), so maybe that has something to do with it, I dunno. Frankly I give up, this thread has thousands of views, and there is dozens of posts around about issues with 9271, it works for some and not others, seemingly randomly. Sigh... whatever...

Maybe the BIOS might have something to do with it. I got my mobo last July (I think) and never felt the need to update the BIOS. And it doesn't show in my System Profiler.

Anyway, your Audio MIDI setup is similar to mine except my format is 2ch-24bit. I doubt that will change anything, but what the heck, just give that a try LOL! (I'm out of ideas, too).

If you really want sound, you could get a cheap, unbranded, made in China USB audio adapters. I used that a temporary workaround before this. It was about USD4 and surprisingly it worked right out of the box on all platforms (Vista and Ubuntu, too) without drivers. One red jack for Mic, one green jack for speakers so don't expect the greatest sound quality.