• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

scottmich

scottmich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I installed the card, supposedly I was supposed to see it show up in my /Library/Preferences/SystemCOnfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and I would have then had to modify the en0 to en1 and so on. The only thing that showed up in the plist was my current onboard wired lan interface. I don't have windows running on my machine so I was unable to go and check the devID, I have tried the two that seem to be out there for this card: 4320 and 4306 in the AppleAirportBrcm4311 kext. This does not work. I am wondering if maybe something is different because my card is brand new and is REV A1? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.I failed to mention I'm running 10.4.8. I don't know if this could be related but I had to use the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 to get my Intel Pro/100 VE wired lan working.I failed to mention I'm running 10.4.8. I don't know if this could be related but I had to use the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 to get my Intel Pro/100 VE wired lan working.

ws2000

ws2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
This thread just helped me get my WLI2-PCI-G54S working in a Dell E520.

http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry408379

scottmich

scottmich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the reply, I got it working by installing JaS's wireless networking package. That did the trick, w00t!

brockley

brockley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Pardon my inexperience but i have searched and am unable to find the Jas wireless package. is it on my 10.4.8 (Jas) install dvd? If not does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy