Can't get Intel PRO/100 VE built in ethernet working

Blinkin

55 posts in this topic

Aaaah! Can someone plz talk me thru the method described in Post 9? Runnin' JaS 10.4.8 [AMD/Intel+SSE1/2+PPF1/2] on a Compaq Evo D51S, and everything works but the NIC! I think that this machine uses the intel PRO/100 VM chipset, but not sure. Can anybody help me out? I am a total newbie to the hackintosh scene (as in, "last week I couldn't tell you how to set the time on a Mac, and I just built a hackintosh yesterday, and now I'm stuck," kind of newbie). Thanks in advance.

PS: Just to let U know, aside from the networking bit, putting JaS 10.4.8 on the Compaq Evo D51S (Small Form Factor Desktop, P4 2.4Ghz, 512M RAM, 40G HDD, DVD_RW[aftermarket], total $125 on eBay) is cake. Start it up, pop the disc in, tell Mac where to put itself, then watch in amazement. You could have a $125 iHack! LOL

I will post the entire hardware list if anybody requests it.

• 5 months later...

ok everything works a ok right? well not really have no cule on soucre codes and stuff. but i did replace IOnetworkingfamily_10.4.8 with IOnetworkingfamily_10.4.3 i rebooted my system nothing still so if someone can help me plz! thanks!! also does anyway know where to get the sound drivers? stupid question thanks again!

• 7 months later...

Congratulations guys , not for me ..

i added my device id an vendor : 0x10928086 in the info.plist , also i replaced iointernet family in the system/library/extensions with the io. 10.4 ,

entered all the proper command in the terminal with no errors , then i repaired the disk permission , then i rebooted , then i got No Internet :)

Could you help ?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...