help wireless FAST! Got Network Card to Turn ON!

kodak77

72 posts in this topic

accorrding to your networkinterfaces.plist your card hasnt been turned on for it to register on the networkinterface.plist so for now you dont have to do the en0 to en1 edit

Edited by DiaboliK

I talked to this guy in PM and he isn't willing to do the work. He wants it handed to him on a silver platter. I pointed him to links in my signature on how to deal with Vendor/Device ID's and plists, Wireless and Cardbus/PC Card/PCMCIA.

First you have to be sure that the PC Card slot controller has the correct driver. His vendor/device id for his TI controller is 104C:8031. If you go to the Misc link in my signature and read the Cardbus section, the second patch there refers to that vendor/device. The kext for the controller probably needs to be replaced.

Once the Cardbus is working, then you can concentrate on getting the wireless card working 168C:0013. It looks to me that his Info.plist already has that vendor/device combo in it.

Since he is running 10.4.7, I'm not so sure he should be incorporating any 10.4.8 kexts.

In most of the instructions I've seen here, you are forgetting to rebuild the kext database. Be sure to delete the Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache so that a new database is built with the changed kexts.

in the first installer i made (which is still there) incorporated 10.4.6 kext and it had the correct info.plist but post flight was a slight bit off and it did have a touch extensions postflight op so...

Edited by DiaboliK

ok i did wat rammjet said..after the installation of the new text i enter code, repaired, took out the mkext and the other 1 and restarrted...nothing

First of all...i Installed the wireless patch that comes with the JaS 10.4.7 WAS I supposed to Install that patch? Maybe that is causing the problem here?

all i can say is try either of the two kext from post #49

and follow the instructions.

then open the network pref. pane in system preferences. if you dont get a popup with a new port called airport...

well i dunno...

cant really help you.

okay this is my last and final attempt to help you....

download this: Last.Attempt.Fix.pkg.zip

unzip and run.

pay real close attention to what it says in the welcome.

Break out a pen a paper, and write it down. im not gonna answer any more of your questions.

also remeber to be kind and friendly to most of us, especially rammjet cause he's keeping most of us up and running harmoniously

okay this is my last and final attempt to help you....

download this: Last.Attempt.Fix.pkg.zip

unzip and run.

pay real close attention to what it says in the welcome.

Break out a pen a paper, and write it down. im not gonna answer any more of your questions.

also remeber to be kind and friendly to most of us, especially rammjet cause he's keeping most of us up and running harmoniously

Diabolik you are a GENIUS!!!! I was reading this thread because my wireless wouldn't work then saw your attachment, downloaded it, ran it, and I HAVE WIRELESS !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :):):thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Bravo for those very very good instructions !

i just downloaded Diabolik's file, and ran it. I rebooted, then I went to the system preferences, and network, and it popped up something about airport. Did you get the popup or not?

Btw I'm on 10.4.6 base JaS + 10.4.7 update + 10.4.8 then I installed Diabolik's. So I don't know how it works on 10.4.6 but i doubt this has anything to do with 4.7 or 4.8.

Edited by gabuzomeuh