Need some help for wireless adapter Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-YB

3 posts in this topic

I was instanlled the MAC OS 10.4.8 to my dell 640M notebook;the notebook used the Intel' 945GM chips and core duo T2050.Then all working finally but except the wireless and sigmatel's audio card. So Iwas buy a usb intetface wireless adapter named Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-YB.the adapter used the Ralink RT2571F chipsets.I download the drivers form Ralink's web sites and installed it and reboot.But when i put the adapter on notebook,the system seem no anything happend.MAC device tree have a usb device "WLI-U2-KG54-YB",so i think the system were able to recognise the adapter but disable to recognise as a wireless adapter.I try to edited the info.plist in "/System/Library/Extensions/RT2500USBWirelessDriver.kext/Content/Info.plist" on this way:

add the following to end:

<key>Buffalo</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2500</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>RT2500USBWirelessDriver</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBDevice</string>

<key>bcdDevice</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>94</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>1041</integer>

</dict>

AND I wsa redaing this but still no working

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=buffalo

Unfortunelly , it still no working.I think the problem focuse on this device' Product ID and Vendor ID.This adapter used RT2500 chipset it's "Product ID" is "0x005E",and "ID Vendor" is "0x0411" diffrent form other adapter used the same RT2500 chipset.Now I have no idea for this.Can anyone help me for this?Thank you for read.

Edited by TANG.DYNASTY

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...