This explains the process I took to get 10.4.8, Semthex 8.8.1 kernel, and Nvidia working.
Here is my hardware
Athlon 64 X2 3800 +
Nforce 410 mATX based motherboard
PCIe Geforce 7600GT
Here is what I started out with:
Jas 10.4.4 + 10.4.6 DVD installed
Here is what I used:
JaS.10.4.8.AMD.SSE3.Only.Combo.Update - to bring to sort-of 10.4.8
MAC OS X 10.4.8 Intel Only Jas re-seed - To obtain real 10.4.8 kexts and OpenGL Framework
Semthex kernel grabber script found HERE
Here is my process.
0. Installed JaS.10.4.8.AMD.SSE3.Only.Combo.Update onto my 10.4.6 install
1. I installed the real 10.4.8 Intel Only onto a real SSE3 Intel machine
- This was the easiest way for me to grab the folders
2. Set this install up as a slave drive on my AMD 10.4.6-> 10.4.8 sort-of machine and booted
3. Moved /System/Library/Extensions/ to /System/Library/Extensions.pre8/ and
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework.pre8/
4. Copied Extensions folder from real 10.4.8 Intel install (slave drive) to /System/Library/Extensions
and OpenGL.framework from real 10.4.8 to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
5. Removed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext as this will kernel dump
on AMD Cpus when trying to boot real 10.4.8 (8.8.1) Kernel
6. This step is only because I use an Nforce based motherboard and the kexts for the IDE controller
isn't included in the real 10.4.8 Intel Only. I deleted IOATAFamily.kext out of /System/Library/Extensions
and copied over the one from Extensions.pre8 ( this adds AppleGenericPCATA.kext in the Plugins in IOATA...)
7. Copied over other Extensions pertaining to 3rd party hardware.. Like I copied over forcedeath.kext from .pre8
to ensure networking still worked.
8. I installed Titan.kext into the Extensions folder
9. I followed the guide here: HERE to add my Video card VenID to the proper kexts in /System/Library/Extensions
10. I ran Semthex's kernel script to go grab the latest version of his kernel build and rebooted.
Came back up with QE/CI enabled on my PCIe Nvidia card running kernel 8.8.1.
Hope this helps some of you out there.
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users