vmware to native problem

4 posts in this topic

I have read tutorials about vmware osx installation to native method but I´m stuck in the dual boot point.

I have a hard disk with 2 partitions: ntsf for xp and fat32 for vmware as phisical disk. Both are primary.

Osx installs ok ( when re formating the fat partition to mac osx i select Mac Plus (journalized)) in vmware and produces an usable mac system after reboot the virtual machine so system is fully working.

Here comes the problem: if using chain0 method I obtain this message "chain0 booting error" and if uses os selectro from acronis I obtain a "HFS+ partition error". And now if i restart vmware it shows a eror saying that partition table has changed and the disk must be removed and added again but after doing that the partitions is not bootable.

I have tried fat 32 primary, logical... nothing ( with logical it not works even in vmware)

any help

Tried

Same HFS+ parttition error.

Curious. The os detector wizard of acronis doesn´t detect a bootable system in that partition. But it is there and runs in VMware... only if it is not stopped.

IF I install over a fat32 primary partition everything goes fair and Osx is bootable and runs virtual machine if not shutdown. if i restart vmware it says that partition table has change, bla, bla and after remounting partition virtual machine says that no system is found.

Installing over a fat32 logical has have readed in another tutorial it even refuses to first reboot to complete installation... .

Please help!!!!!

edit: AS i Still thinking osx is there but boot sector or similar is not recognized. Is out there some rescue cd or similar to force it read partition and boot?. I know there are for ntfs and fat but i dont know for mac. Mac dvd install doesn´t recognized the drive...

Edited by derdhal

See this thread, maybe is similar to your problem: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37107

The thing about VMware seeing the partition is because it is using the Windows Drivers, but sometimes partitions are beyond some point to be recognized as bootable.

Could you post you vmx file configuration of VMware for Mac OS, also how diskpart is seeing your disk?