Problem installing JaS Mac OS 10.4.7 on VMware

ruimoura

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

This is my first try on trying to install Mac OSX on my Ubuntu VMware, but i have a problem.

Every time it gets to the blue screen, the mouse starts to spinning and all, but then a message shows up sayng "Because of a problem, installing Mac OS X could not be completed" ... and gives me the option to restart and some more stuff. I can access the upper menu (utilities, etc) but the error message keeps there, ad the only solution is to reboot once more.

It gives me a log file, with lots of lines, but i can't copy it here.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you so much in advance.

I've got the same problem, also if I'm using the 10.4.6 DVD...I've got a trial boot on my PC, and natively Mac OS X works better than on a G5 quad, as I can see from Xbench...but I've got this error if I try to install it in vmware under Ubuntu...anyone who can help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I got the same problem installing JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 under VMware on a Dell Latitude D810 running Windows XP.

First i got the error: "Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 8" cause i was booting the iso image from VMware, now i mounted the image via Alcohol 120 to use with VMware and that solved the problem, but know i get this message after i choose english lang.... in the first installation window in Mac setup...

There must be some experts around here who knows this issue!

Best regards

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Try '-x platform=X86PC -v' at the boot prompt.

I did it on my linux box, using VMWare Server 1.0.2 under Ubuntu Edgy 6.10 either with 10.4.7 iso, or with the JaS 10.4.7 DVD.

Everything works fine.

PS 1. Also, if you try to boot from the install DVD turn off the "Legacy emulation" option otherwise will get a kernel panic each time!

2. I'm not quite sure it always goes well when install Darwin from JaS DVD ISO image .... so burn it on a blank DVD and use it instead.

Greets,

K.