I was curious to see if I could run OSX on a PC I had; specs:

H55M-UD2 motherboard

Core i5 2.67GHz 750 CPU (Sandy Bridge)

WD Velociraptor disk, SATA III.

8GB PC 1600 DDR3

BIOS updated to rev F11   (Dec 2011)

GPU Originally : Radeon HD 4770 GPU

GPU Replaced w/: Radeon R9 270X

I started with the latest ub installer onto a USB3 Samsung 16GB flash drive using a copy of Sierra 12.6. This is using Clover 2.4k 4063 (I think) and the Flash drive and the system drive are using GPT.

It sort of worked, but the GPU (4770) wasn't being used and it was very clunky (not sure if all down to GPU or other things too). I was intending to use m-b as well but it refused to perform the requested updates. People refer to other ways of installing? I haven't found a good alternative yet.

I decided to switch to a more modern GPU - the R9 270 - but although the GPU seems to work here, the system resets approximately 1 minute after boot (whether logged in or not).

Normally I do get a display and can log in but there's not time to do much.

While I'm no newcomer to computers, I am a bit lost in the terms used in this community so most of my attempts at using Clover options have been wild guesses! It would be possible for me to recreate an install image using Yosemite, though to be useful I would need to update to El-C. I have 2 other GPU cards I could try: a 1GB Radeon XFX HD5770 and a 1GB Radeon HD 5450, although I'm not sure that the 5770 still works.

I have seen some comments on the web suggesting this hardware is too old, but before abandoning it I thought I would ask...