Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7 - Sound

CarbonUK

20 posts in this topic

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the sound to work properly. I can't get the headphones to work out of the front audio jack in my PC and I have 2.1 coming out of my 5.1 speakers (although that isn't much of an issue). 

I have attached my efi.

Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Done. Thanks!

(Had to zip ioreg as it wouldn't let me upload)

Send me iMac.zip

IORegistry.zip

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the sound to work properly. I can't get the headphones to work out of the front audio jack in my PC and I have 2.1 coming out of my 5.1 speakers (although that isn't much of an issue). 

I have attached my efi.

Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks

I've planned to buy this Mainboard, good to hear that the sound is working. You use layout-id 1 it is for laptops, that's the reason why you have internal speakers and a line-in device. For 5.1 use layout-id 4, and create an aggregate device. The front headphone works with layout-id 5 and 6. Also add this CodecCommander.kext.zip to /S/L/E

You should use the HPET fix, and don't use the SMBUS fix.

• Like 1

I've planned to buy this Mainboard, good to hear that the sound is working. You use layout-id 1 it is for laptops, that's the reason why you have internal speakers and a line-in device. For 5.1 use layout-id 4, and create an aggregate device. The front headphone works with layout-id 5 and 6. Also add this attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zip to /S/L/E

You should use the HPET fix, and don't use the SMBUS fix.

Use it and inject id in clover, devices tab, the best and fast way for tests

attachicon.gifDSDT.without _DSM HDEF.zip

why?

Skylake/Kabylake _ADR is changed

HDEF is 0x001F0003 and SBUS is 0x001F0004

if ppl use repository, yes, dont work

Hi, ok I believe I have followed you steps. How exactly do I change the speaker configuration? And will I have to change the config to switch between speakers and headphone jack? 

Also could you explain what codeccommander is and how I use it?

Thanks appreciate your help.

• Like 1

check, u use id 1

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-06-25 às 10.17.52.png

Use it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=245967

and inject id 4(see wern's post above) in Clover

here

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-06-25 às 10.20.41.png

btw, test ur HDMI audio too, all in ur DSDT

I tried this but i gave this horrible high pitched noise:  

( The lag at the end is an issue I was going to work on after the sound )

I applied the DSDT and change the layout to 4 in clover configurator.

I can use the HDMI but when i select it and play music through it the speakers still make the noise.

The headphones didn't show up either

EDIT: Although the headphones don't show up if i put them on the high pitched noise is in them as well. None of the devices apart from the TV can play audio they just play the noise.

EDIT 2: Changing the layout from '4' to nothing '' got rid of the buzz but obviously stopped all sound but hdmi

EFI.zip

IOReg.zip

• Like 1

Very very slow boot

what happens, u boot from usb? remove usb stick and try, the good boot is a 5 or 6 seconds with ssd

the slow boot start after hdmi patch?

check, compile new kexts

attachicon.gifArquivo Comprimido.zip

ids

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-06-25 às 14.27.38.png

but u need a untouched AppleHda

It has always been this slow. 

Im using an external usb 3 hard drive with about 70mb/s w and 80mb/s read

What is an 'untouched AppleHda'?

Thanks

• Like 1

Use it and inject id in clover, devices tab, the best and fast way for tests

attachicon.gifDSDT.without _DSM HDEF.zip

why?

Skylake/Kabylake _ADR is changed

HDEF is 0x001F0003 and SBUS is 0x001F0004

if ppl use repository, yes, dont work

I've seen a lot of ioreg-dumps with the SBUS entries @HDEF device, not sure how the clover patch works but it seems that the SBUS patch detects the address 1F3 which for this mainboard is the HDEF device.

I tried this but i gave this horrible high pitched noise.

Remove CodecCommander from clover folder and install it to /System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and rebuild the cache, to avoid that noise.

Although the headphones don't show up if i put them on the high pitched noise is in them as well. None of the devices apart from the TV can play audio they just play the noise.

Changing the layout from '4' to nothing '' got rid of the buzz but obviously stopped all sound but hdmi

Remove the Creative-CA0132.kext from clover folder. Is not necessary and can cause issues.

The rear green line-out and rear headphones are work on all the layouts, choose the layout, whichever outputs you need in addition.  

layout-id  0: 2.0 default 

1: 2.0 Alienware 15 R2 

2: 2.0 + front HP 

3: 2.0 + rear line-out

4: 5.1 with C/Sub

5: 2.0 front + rear HP, simultaneously + front Mic

6: 5.1 with front HP

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of ioreg-dumps with the SBUS entries @HDEF device, not sure how the clover patch works but it seems that the SBUS patch detects the address 1F3 which for this mainboard is the HDEF device.

Remove CodecCommander from clover folder and install it to /System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and rebuild the cache, to avoid that noise.

Remove the Creative-CA0132.kext from clover folder. Is not necessary and can cause issues.

The rear green line-out and rear headphones are work on all the layouts, choose the layout, whichever outputs you need in addition.

layout-id 0: 2.0 default

1: 2.0 Alienware 15 R2

2: 2.0 + front HP

3: 2.0 + rear line-out

4: 5.1 with C/Sub

5: 2.0 front + rear HP, simultaneously + front Mic

6: 5.1 with front HP

It worked! The headphones work and the speakers do as well. The only problem is that the 5.1 is split into 2 channels ( 2 different line outs in the os. The L,R on the first and the BL,BR on the second.

Im using layout 6.

Should i make a new thread for the other issues ( Slow boot / unresponsive os & the killer e2500 port not working - the intel one does work but i use killer in windows so its kinda annoying to switch over & IMessage / Itunes) ?

Thanks for both of your guys help, I am now several step closer to a fully functioning machine!

Edit: I did have a nice recourse monitor on the taskbar is there any way i can get it back? I did try installing a fake SMC extension by just double clicking it like you do to install clover but after a restart it didn't seem to work.

post-2114726-0-79307400-1498419230_thumb.png

• Like 1

;)

It worked! The headphones work and the speakers do as well. The only problem is that the 5.1 is split into 2 channels ( 2 different line outs in the os. The L,R on the first and the BL,BR on the second.

Im using layout 6.

Should i make a new thread for the other issues ( Slow boot / unresponsive os & the killer e2500 port not working - the intel one does work but i use killer in windows so its kinda annoying to switch over & IMessage / Itunes) ?

Thanks for both of your guys help, I am now several step closer to a fully functioning machine!

Edit: I did have a nice recourse monitor on the taskbar is there any way i can get it back? I did try installing a fake SMC extension by just double clicking it like you do to install clover but after a restart it didn't seem to work.

if u can, post here, we try solution

bro, use one ssd for ur install, u have a amazin' hardware, with usb the boot is very bad ;) just for test not for work or day by day

u can post new ioreg now? test hdmi and work after wern solution?

;)

if u can, post here, we try solution

bro, use one ssd for ur install, u have a amazin' hardware, with usb the boot is very bad ;) just for test not for work or day by day

u can post new ioreg now? test hdmi and work after wern solution?

Here is my new IOReg an EFI. I don't have any spare apart from the USB HDD :). I might look out for one.

- Also the CPU and GPU stats arnt showing in HWMonitor

Thanks

EFI.zip

IORegistry.zip

post-2114726-0-38861400-1498489160.png

With the Audio-MIDI-Setup.app you can swap the channels.

post-448675-0-93616400-1498640628_thumb.png