Trying to set up first Hackintosh and cant even get past the bootloader lol

klepp0906

6 posts in this topic

So my intention is to triple boot Ubuntu/Win10/Sierra.   I'll be using 3 seperate disks which should make it pretty effortless apart from the osx install itself it appears. 

I'm using this guide https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/28/building-a-gtx-1080-ti-powered-hackintosh-installing-macos-sierra-step-by-step-video/and have followed it word for word up until I click on "install osx" within clover.  The verbose logging shows the following.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfx0agg9qogjjdn/Photo%20Apr%2030%2C%2012%2059%2052%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Without knowing what im looking at it appears to be an issue with the nic driver?

My system is as follows

gigabyte z87 oc force

2x gtx1080

a buncha hdds

The issue (if im correct is related to ethernet) is that the board im using has 2 built in nics.  an intel 217v and an intel 210.  At first glance the kext it suggests to use in the guide (which seems to cover an array of nics) only covers 1 of the 2 included in my board.

My question now (again assuming im reading that log correct) is if I should be adding the other kext which supports the 217v my EFI folder on the clover installer or should I be removing the first one (the one suggested in the guide) and adding the one which supports the 217v while dropping the one causing the kernel panic (the 210 one it appears).

Of course i could be completely off base, and in that case I simply need to know how to proceed.

Trying ><

• Like 1

got her installed :)  mieze kext was part of the solution.  the other was some bios fiddling (at this point appears to be enabling "other OS").  Problem with using "Other OS" is it seems to enable CSM by default.   If i try to change it back so it doesnt use CSM and contniues to use UEFI it  goes past the apple boot screen straight into a black screen.

Any ideas?  And ty for the reply!

mighty proud of myself i might add!  will be SO excited to get this working right for the long term.  Also have no audio even though I used the recommended voodoohda.  Have ALC898 onboard?

thank you once again.  Gonna look into the applealc kext instead of the voodoohda driver/thing. 

Lotta fiddling before i get this right and go for the long term install it appears.

One final inquiry (for now lol).

Is it possible to place 2 different kexts into the clover/installer EFI for the same type of hardware?  aka I have 2 nics.  1 is showing up properly due to mieze, the other is showing as unknown. Not a huge deal as I'm sure setting up teaming on hackintosh is beyond my needs but having it recognized properly is ideal for someone anal/ocd like me :) I had the kernal panic/restart which appeared to be due to kext for the "uknown" (i210) nic and using mieze got me installed but only supports the (i217).  

What im asking is if another kext happens to exist for the i210 if putting the theoretical kext and the mieze kext into the EFI on install would be okay or if its basically 1 kext per peice of hardware? 

Sorry, very green :P