Nvidia WebDriver no longer work

herbalb

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

Yesterday I updated to 10.12.4 and now I cannot activate the Nvidia Driver anymore.

It always reverts back to default OS X driver.

I updated Clover to the latest version and also updated the WebDriver.

I've attached my plist config - would be so great if someone could point me to the right direction as I really have no idea what it could be...  

• Like 1

MaLd0n, many thanks for taking care of my problem - I really appreciate this. 

I ran the app, attached you will find the file generated as well as the content of my EFI partition.

The actual Bios is 3007 (have not checked for a while), according to ASUS the latest is 3401 - should I update and run the file again?

Again, many thanks for looking into this.

post-124687-0-38553100-1491151470_thumb.png

post-124687-0-98787000-1491151478_thumb.png

• Like 1

Check files

herbalb.zip

-Replace config.plist

-Put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI

-Put DSDT in Clover/Acpi/Patched

-Run ssdtPRGen.command, duplicate, save, compile --> SSDT.aml

- Put SSDT.aml in Clover/Acpi/Patched(rename ur SSDT USB to SSDT-1.aml)

-Replace VBOXhfs-64

https://github.com/STLVNUB/CloverGrower/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/x64/HFSPlus.efi

-Reboot

• Like 1

Okay, so I ran the script, opened the generated ssdt with MaciASL, clicked on compile and saved it.

Since I've done this for the first time I hope I've done this right? 

I attached the generated and the compiled files.

Oh and replacing VBOXhfs-64 with HFSPlus.efi does that mean I have to rename the downloaded file HFSPlus.efi to VBOXhfs-64 and replace the old one or just delete VBOXhfs-64 and put HFSPlus.efi into that folder? 

(EDIT: That was a stupid question - since it's the driver folder deleting Vboxhsf and putting HFSPlus into that folder should be fine)

• Like 1

Hi,

From what I've seen, it's happened to more people. The latest Nvidia drivers, since the 12.4 Final and now also in 12.5 Beta has a strange behavior. Whenever I turn on the computer, OSX drivers are always selected by default and not NV. Then I change to the NV, restart and it is ok. But if I turn off the computer, the next time I turn it on, it gives black screen and only with nv_disable I can open it. Something has changed because I have not changed anything in my fat DSDT or in my plist...

• Like 1

bios f20 for support kabylake need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, video dont work without driver

Check

MaLd0n 2017-04-02 às 21.18.58.png

All bios with support kabylake have BNUM error ;)This way i know he has bios for kabylake support

Whenever I turn on the computer, OSX drivers are always selected by default and not NV.

To avoid it select in boot tab and system parameters too

in my fat DSDT or in my plist...

now u have a fat father(DSDT) and many sons(15 SSDTs)  :P  :P  :P

• Like 1

To avoid it select in boot tab and system parameters too

now u have a fat father(DSDT) and many sons(15 SSDTs)  :P  :P  :P

Yes I have in plist "system parameters" selected the Nvidia web. I did not change anything in the EFI, plist, nor in DSDT and so I think this behavior strange... I just installed the latest NV Web Driver, last Cuda and the last Clover...

About fat father (DSDT) and his 15 sons (SSDTs), the truth is that until now only works well the father. But the godfather of tiny SSDTs (mfc88) is trying to help with their education, and at the same time I am also collaborating in his research :P 

Okay, so I did everything as advised but I get a black screen.

Removed the boot argument "nvda_drv=1" from the config.plist and then it boots, but Nvidia Card won't be recognised.

Should I apply AGDFix now?

AGDPfix says patching done, but after reboot nothing has changed.

Nvidia card won't get recognised and when I activate Nvidia WebDrivers and reboot, it still reverts back. :(

Tried it with and without "nvda_drv=1"

• Like 1

I've installed latest Nvidia WebDrivers and also replaced checklist with the one above but it did not help.

Then I've pressed O and changed smbios to iMac14,2 but that did not change anything... 

I just don't get it - everything was fine until 10.12.4 :(

Sorry MaLd0n for causing so much work.

• Like 1

MaLd0n, you are my hero!!!!!!

It works - Nvidia Card is working perfect - Display Port, HDMI and DVI are all working.

I am so relieved even though I really have no clue what was wrong.

Sound is also working fine as well - so I guess I only have to take care of the iMessage again as the model identifier has changed?

Again, thanks so much for your help.

• Like 1