Need Help (Sierra - GA X99 UD4, Intel 6800K, Evga GTX 970)

tronpan

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

after years I would like to set up a new Hackintosh (last one in 2008/2009).

This is the Hardware I use:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4

CPU: Intel 6800k (6 Core)

GPU: EVGA GTX 970

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

I have tried various installation guides for my mainboard ... so far without success. Most guides with this mainboard use 5820k or similar, I think my CPU

is the Main Problem why the Installation doesn´t work. As Bootloader I use Clover (I am open to alternative) on a USB2.0 Stick with Sierra 10.12.2.

(Alternatively available USB3.0 Stick.) With fakeCPUID 0x0306e4 i reach this point (see attached image) but then the computer restarts automatically every time.

post-336207-0-68017800-1483198810_thumb.jpg

To help me better I also attached my current EFI-Files.

My knowledge about hackintosh (especially kernel-patching, DSDT-handling, etc.) isn´t that good, so I don´t know really what to do.

Excuse my bad English, I hope you smart people can help me again ... after 7 years  :D

SaveSave

Just a complete shot in the dark here but when my installation got stuck at the same "MAC Framework successfully initialised" point I had to rework my BIOS settings according to a skylake CPU guide I found (which i know doesnt exactly apply to you) and then it went forward from there. 

Give your BIOS setup another look. in my case, here is the settings I followed

Load optimised defaults &

BIOS Features: Fast boot - Enabled PS2 Devices Support - Disabled CSM Support - Disabled Secure Boot - Disabled

Peripherals: XHCI Hand-Off - Enabled Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port - Disabled

Chipset: VT-D - Disabled IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled

Good luck

Thank you first, the combination of both advice helped me a lot. It seems like the installation starts. Now I have to leave the house because of an new year party. Tomorrow I will test everything extensively and give feedback. Thanks a lot!!!

post-336207-0-39254100-1483208497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the same cpu and motherboard... But I have problems installing sierra. Can you give me your EFI, and can you tell me what changes you did in the bios? When I put this 4g I get a black screen. My gpu is gtx980