VIA VT1708S mic noise

MareS992

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have Asus P8H61-MX with VIA VT1708S run Sierra. Sound working good, but mic have noise. I'm try too much kexts but not help.

Can anyone help me? And please say me how to find VendorID and DeviceID? I find something but not sure this is ok.

Thanks,
Marko S.

There is an older version of VoodooHDA with settings specific to the VT1708S that's floating around. Here's the latest version (2.8.9) with the same settings attached. The device ID set for it is 8086:27d8 (0x27d88086 in Info.plist) so be sure that matches yours. If yours is different then change it in Info.plist. Let me know if you're still having mic issues.

Can anyone help me? And please say me how to find VendorID and DeviceID? I find something but not sure this is ok

There are many ways to list PCI device IDs in OS X. DPCIManager is one: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager

VoodooHDA.VT1708S.kext.zip

• 3 months later...
I can confirm that the above VoodooHDA.VT1708S.kext.zip (154.28KB) works under Sierra (macOS 10.12) for Asus P8H61-I R2.0, which is based on VIA HD (VT1708S). The driver ads the missing Microphone (Pink Front) microphone port in Settings >> Sound >> Input, which works properly with any microphone hardware.

Have to install a full VoodooHDA 2.8.8 package first (includes AppleHDADisabler.kext, necessary for VoodooHDA.kext to work) and then replace VoodooHDA.kext 2.8.8 with the one above. Depending on your hardware id, might have to patch VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist (a plain XML file) to change IOPCIPrimaryMatch of 0x27d88086 to IOPCIClassMatch of 0x04020000&0xfffe0000, thus reverting back to the default device identification used by VoodooHDA 2.8.8.

However, the driver above does NOT seem to correct the problem of crackling/popping/static noise/interference (especially when moving the mouse) for VT1708S under Sierra.

I also tried the common suggestion to use Applications >> Utilities >> Audio MIDI Setup and change the Format from 2 chan 24-bit to 2 chan 16-bit, but that didn't help, either.

Still, thanks for a microphone-capable driver!