Intel HD Graphics (Ivy B.) / HD 2500 : QE/CI for OsX 10.11

oliveiro

7 posts in this topic

I have an almost fully working Intel HD Graphics in ElCapitan.

At least QE & CI are working. I had graphic glitches in Dock background and windows titles, apparently due to my MBP9.2 SmBios (which I want to keep for Power Management reasons)

It's on an Asus Laptop (F301A-RX229H) with an Intel Pentium Mobile 2020M, which includes an Intel HD Graphics, not labelled 2500, but it has 6 execution Units like the 2500 series, and approximately same clock settings (650-1100) instead of 650-1150 for HD2500. You can check specs here and here. It seems like it's a lower end HD2500.

Vendor ID 8086 of course, Device ID 0156, rev 0009.
I use chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsMode=1366x768x32, IntelCapriFB=3
(with Moutain Lion, previous setup on the same laptop, with QE/CI too, required IGPlatformID=01660003)

I have vanilla AGPM and IntelGraphics kexts, SmBios MacBookPro 9.2, as mentionned before, and a custom DSDT, device is named GFX0.

Graphic Glitches were solved (accordingly to real macbookpro users forums) by reducing transparency in Accessibility Preferences Panel.

Hope it helps.

• Like 2

Could you please share your DSDT? Or just tell me if you applied any of the graphics patches to get the graphics working? Thanks!

I have the same "Intel HD Graphics" and the only way I could make it work at all is by renaming GFX0 to IGPU and using HD2500 patch. I don't have QE/CI (well, maybe CI), it is recognized as Intel HD Graphics 2500 1536 MB. Usable, but with many problems.

EDIT: It works without QE/CI with MacBookPro 9.2, unpatched DSDT (GFX0), FakeID=0x01568086, ig-platform-id=01660003/8, Inject Intel

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello. I know it's a old thread. But can you please share your DSDT or the method to patch it? I am stuck with a notebook with Celeron 1007U Ivy Bridge which apparently has the same GPU: 0156.

P.S.: I believe I got everything working in the installer but during the post install I got a glitched screen even though the mouse pointer was correctly visible.

I switched to Asus GeForce 210, it works perfectly...

For patching your DSDT in MaciASL you should just add this repo: http://pjalm.com/repos/graphicsin Preferences -> Sources, after enabling it you will see a number of patches on the left side (Patch section at the top)

post-626651-0-78330500-1482520637_thumb.png

I could share my DSDT but it wouldn't be usable on your machine. Create your clean DSDT by pressing F4 in main Clover bootloader screen and then edit it with MaciASL, there is a guide for that

Unfortunately I don't have an option of switching to a different GPU since I am using a very low end netbook. However I was able to boot to Sierra Installer at 1366x768 using Clover (ig-platform-id=01660003 & Inject Intel, DSDT unpatched, Inject Intel). However when booting for Post-Installation, I got weird graphic glitch in the background (rainbow coloured texture :P). However I don't know if this graphic glitch is the same one that oliviero talks about in the first post. And also I can boot without Inject Intel though but it goes to 1024x768.

Also thanks for the help. I saw the posts about DSDT now and I patched mine. Will be trying that now.

UPDATE: I could not get it to work even after DSDT patches. Next I am switching to Enoch to try it out.

Alright, first install with Enoch, I am getting a bit better result I think.

I am in the first boot of Sierra right now and It booted in 1366x768 without any problem with same settings as installer and apparently no graphics issues right now (after rebuilding kernel cache, without rebuilding there was similar although graphical glitch as clover although I could see the apple screen sometimes unlike clover). Will check later if QE/CI is actually enabled.

EDIT: Looks like QE/CI isn't active yet but the GPU is being detected correctly.

EDIT2: I checked correctly and GraphicsEnabler is randomly causing screen glitches once in a while. QE/CI still off.