OS 10.4.6 used to work... but now it doesn't!

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I installed 10.4.6 (patched up from 10.4.4) on my HP Pavilion dv6000, but I mistakenly had it update itself through Apple, and subsequently it failed to work. I tried re-installing the OS by the same procedure several times, with varying degrees of (un)success. A few times it would give me (what I assume is) the Welcome to OS X Tiger screen, but with mangled graphics (there were lots of angular polygons in varying shades of blue and grey; no text was discernable). Afterwards, I tried to erase the partition and start over clean, but now when using NTLDR (as I had before) and selecting the option that pointed to chain0, the NTLDR boot menu just reloads itself.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Ratiocinate

Hi everyone,

I installed 10.4.6 (patched up from 10.4.4) on my HP Pavilion dv6000, but I mistakenly had it update itself through Apple, and subsequently it failed to work. I tried re-installing the OS by the same procedure several times, with varying degrees of (un)success. A few times it would give me (what I assume is) the Welcome to OS X Tiger screen, but with mangled graphics (there were lots of angular polygons in varying shades of blue and grey; no text was discernable). Afterwards, I tried to erase the partition and start over clean, but now when using NTLDR (as I had before) and selecting the option that pointed to chain0, the NTLDR boot menu just reloads itself.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Ratiocinate

Sorry, guys, I neglected to do a little searching on the forums... I figured it out now.