Clover triple boot suddenly unstable

khcshadow

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on how to fix a sudden instability in my Clover Mavericks/Windows 7/Ubuntu installation. First, hardware specs:

GA-H87-D3H mobo

core i5-4430 haswell

GTX 760

All three OSes are installed on separate drives (mavericks, windows on SSDs). 

When I booted up into Windows today, I got a boot failed message (Windows failed to start, Status: 0xc000000f). Then, I tried booting into Mavericks---frozen at black screen right after apple logo. Ubuntu booted alright, although there was some sort of glitchy flicker just after the GRUB loading screen. After trying a few more times, Mavericks loaded up. However, it occasionally crashes in a strange way I've never seen. It black screens and then very quickly loads into the clover boot menu, seemingly without even restarting (from black screen to clover is ~4 seconds). This appears to happen primarily when loading videos, although it's hard to say from the small sample size. Windows is still failing with the same error.

UPDATE: The plot thickens...I installed the previous version of Clover, then repaired the Win7 drive by unplugging all others and using the disk repair tool. This worked while Windows was by itself, but after plugging the other drives back in, Win7 freezes after booting (not sending any video to the display, although system still powered).

Ideas on how to diagnose/fix this?

Thanks,

Jacob