Run any nvidia graphic on MacPro suing clover (no legacy card needed)

1 post in this topic

Hi, just a little post to say i managed to make a Macpro 4,1 (why not any other) booting with only a nvidia GTX 275 using clover.

This used to be possible using chameleon and a retail mac graphic card (last time I did this was with a mac nvidia 7300 GT and pc GTX 285).

Now it's possible with clover as long as you don't install any clover UEFI drivers and disable all DSDT / ACPI / any patches from clover and only use the graphics injection (I don't see why ATI cards would fail to work as long as they have ATI drivers and FrameBuffer support /hack).

I supposed this was possible as clover is an (U)EFI bootloader (like rEFIt) but I never tryed so far. So there it is. A quick and unpainfull upgrade from my old ATI Radeon HD 4870 witch was a real bummer on this station.

Some of you could say "why don't you get a GTX 6xx or higher and boot retail or get a GTX 7xx or 9xx and install Nvidia Web drivers" well I don't know...

/// I just thought it was good to know as there is not much people saying loud that this is possible on the web.

Moreover this could be a good hack on the ATI side of things...

Regards to the community,

PM!