Very low Cinebench GPU score, on 10.10.3 with Clover

Mettiu

3 posts in this topic

Well, I have a rather old graphics card, an nVidia 480 GTX, which although still serves me very well as I do not game. I do use Cinema 4D, and so performances on the viewport (which could be referred to the Cinebench GPU score) are very important to me.

My GPU scores a respectable 82.23 on Windows 8.1 , while a meagre 28.54 in OS X.

I have installed the last nVidia Web Driver, and in Clover Configurator I have checked "inject nVidia". Then I have nvda_drv=1 on my boot arguments, yet nothing helped to solve this problem. QE is working well, except few random times when invoking launchpad.

In the past I had another installation, not with clover, and, gpu-performance-wise, it was performing better than this, so I am sure it is just a question of configuration to solve the problem.

The rest of the system is a 2500k, 32 GB Ram on a Gigabyte z68mx-ud2h-b3 , SMBios is iMac12,2.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you very much, that seems to be the hint I needed. I have modified AGPM according to the instructions found on rampagedev, but I still could not manage to get the kext loaded. I have been trying several SMBIOS (every time modifying the kext accordingly) with no success though.