wireless adapter / wireless card Need help

6 posts in this topic

hello all i installed yosemite today on my msi ge70 2OE but my wifi is not working.

i am now looking to replace my internal wifi card or to buy a wifi usb adapter.

but i don't want to buy first like 10 adapters before i found one that works.

can you guys help me to find one?

if you have one tell me if it works with yosemite / eventually the kext you used?

all help is appreciated

What is with you guys suggesting a USB wifi adapter? Your wireless card is replaceable; it's removable from a panel on the back of your laptop model according to what I found. And that's actually good, as some laptops require you remove more than just a back panel in order to access it. MSI also doesn't use a whitelist to limit your wifi card choices in the laptop's BIOS/EFI, so you won't have any restrictions with third party wifi cards, unlike HP laptops for example. Buy a supported one from eBay. Here's a list of supported cards: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-inventory/ Ignore the fact that it's a forum for Dell laptops as it doesn't matter in this case.

USB wifi adapters require annoying third party wireless client software and you get some crappy performance in most cases with some disappointing support provided by the vendor. Use an Airport-compatible card listed from the above link and you'll be able to use the native Airport client software without a problem, or in worst cases, a few DSDT edits may be needed. Also you won't have an ugly nub sticking out of your laptop.

• Like 1