HD 7870 Yosimite Help

Tax58uk

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.  I have been trying to install Yosimite on my first Hackintosh project but I am struggling installing my graphics card.  Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?  I have a p6t motherboard which I used a custom DSDT from from the internet for my board.   All kexts for everything are installed and working apart from the graphics card,  My Graphicscard id a Club 3D Radeon™ HD 7870 which I have tried to patch the DSDT as well as edit the kexts before install.  I have researched for days now and about ready to give up, so PLEASE someone help!

Hi everyone.  I have been trying to install Yosimite on my first Hackintosh project but I am struggling installing my graphics card.  Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?  I have a p6t motherboard which I used a custom DSDT from from the internet for my board.   All kexts for everything are installed and working apart from the graphics card,  My Graphicscard id a Club 3D Radeon™ HD 7870 which I have tried to patch the DSDT as well as edit the kexts before install.  I have researched for days now and about ready to give up, so PLEASE someone help!

Patch the framebuffer:      [HOW TO] Make Radeon {Desktop or Mobility} be working by using Clover    

• Like 1

My edited dsdt is just the P6T from the download section of this site however, When I have the chance I will upload it to here for you along with my IOREG.  Thanks!

I know my device id id 0x6819 and in my IOREG it falls under PCI0, GFX,3 NPET3 if that makes sense? Sorry this is my first effort and a little confused and im not at my hackintosh

My edited dsdt is just the P6T from the download section of this site however, When I have the chance I will upload it to here for you along with my IOREG.  Thanks!

I know my device id id 0x6819 and in my IOREG it falls under PCI0, GFX,3 NPET3 if that makes sense? Sorry this is my first effort and a little confused and im not at my hackintosh

6819 is presented in the AMD7000Controller.kext, therefore I suspect your card work with just generic framebuffer aka don't inject anything and keep the vanilla kext

You don't know what the Card is doing with out a IOREG so stop saying that it is or is not since we don't now any of the Facts. Just because the General ID is located in the kext does not mean his manfucature used that same General ID.

Once he Posts a IOREG we can see what is really going on with the GPU.