Mavericks 10.9.5 sound HDA and Logitech USB speakers not playing well together

krshadmacattack

1 post in this topic

Have been browsing to web to solve my sound issue. I did all the audio stuff for patching HDA with Toleda's and EMilyDINesh's guides online. The HDA is there and enabled for my BRIX but when I use my Logitech Z205 speakers it's like it recognizes the chipset and audio device, but there is no sound. There is choppy sound for 2 seconds as the Audio driver loads the Z205 speaker and then it's muted. 

Is there a way to fix my sound gain?  IIRC this is a sound gain issue? Where some line in the audio driver is turned way down?  I have heard about people having to go into the kext to fix the sound gain?  Is this what I need to do for my speakers on this box?

It seems the sound is there but it's extremely weak or mute.  I would love to get the sound output back to normal for this thing if possible.

Most other things are working except applestore saying device not supported. I tried deleting my NetworkPreferences plist and it didn't help.  Still didn't work for the App Store. 

My specs 

Are  Gigabyte-BX A8-5545   Realtek Audio Acl 269 with the HDA Enabled. Pretty sure it's working.

Mavericks 10.9.5 with amd supported BSA 10.9.5 rc1 kernel. 

Haven't gotten the above VRAM 3 MB in the system profile with the 8510 integrated  GPU even though I enable the graphics enabler.  Does it mean that it profiles it wrong and that the system is actually using more graphics mem than that or is it something else. It seems some of the graphics programs I use work ok, like GIMP for Mavericks. Celestia 1.61 uses OpenGL 2 and it works ok on Mavericks. Other programs won't such as recent Blender. Blender gives warning about OpenGL.  64 bit video player versions of VLAN and Mplayer won't work so I switched to 32 bit and they seem to work. Quicktime 7 Pro with lots of codecs works good as does Quicktime.