DSDT Asus F550L (X550LD)

Fede-Bad95

98 posts in this topic

RehabMan are a myth thanks a lot is now disabled. now remain two problems bluetooth and the other problem I have with the HD 4400 graphics glitch on startup

EDIT : NVIDIA is now disabled but still makes me change the brightness in the preferences panel I installed ACPIBacklight.kext. If I remove it rather makes me change. I attach the config.plist perhaps there is an error there?

config.plist.zip

RehabMan are a myth thanks a lot is now disabled. now remain two problems bluetooth and the other problem I have with the HD 4400 graphics glitch on startup

There is a fix for the bootup glitch if you search for it...

It is in my config.plist files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

(note: they are disabled, but they are the ones for IOGraphicsFamily).

EDIT : NVIDIA is now disabled but still makes me change the brightness in the preferences panel I installed ACPIBacklight.kext. If I remove it rather makes me change. I attach the config.plist perhaps there is an error there?

As long as brightness adjustment works via SysPrefs->Displays (with ACPIBacklight.kext), that is all that is expected. Keyboard mapping to brightness up/down is a separate issue (having to do with the keyboard driver).

brightness adjustment does not work in the preference panel

For some reason, I thought you already had it working before...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,

rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1

Finally, post a fresh extract of native DSDT/SSDT tables from Linux (do not provide ones you already have... obtain them from Linux as your system is configured right now).

Here are the files you required. I applied your fix for graphical glitches, but there are still ... I enclose also config.plist if you look at it.

In order for the glitch patches to work, you have to change 'disabled_IOGraphicsFamily' to 'IOGraphicsFamily'. Otherwise, the patches will, remain... well... disabled.

ACPIBacklight.kext is not working because you have a PNLF in DSDT which is overriding the one you have in SSDT (SSDT-1.aml from patchmatic output). I'm certain we've already visited this issue...

Ok thanks RehabMan I settled with the brightness instead for graphical glitches I changed like you said but they remain. 

EDIT : RehabMan resolved graphical glitches :) and the brightness is perfect. For the Bluetooth you can do something? I can not turn it off and access remains, how do I fix?

Ok thanks RehabMan I settled with the brightness instead for graphical glitches I changed like you said but they remain. 

EDIT : RehabMan resolved graphical glitches :) and the brightness is perfect. For the Bluetooth you can do something? I can not turn it off and access remains, how do I fix?

Nice to hear the brightness patching/nvidia disabling finally worked out.  Hopefully you kept good notes should you need to repeat the process.

I don't use BT, but the ability to turn it off via OS X GUI depends on having hardware that supports that feature.  But it isn't really related to DSDT in any case.

RehabMan I have a problem I had to change hard disk "I have two discs one with Yosemite and one with windows) to restart in Yosemite I found myself the Nvidia active because? I had made a backup of all the files but also by opening those give me the same mistakes of the existing ones. I'm going crazy. Attach files.

RehabMan.zip

For Bluetooth I can not even disable it from the keypad is "does not make me click the option".

Not sure what you mean, and off-topic anyway.

RehabMan I have a problem I had to change hard disk "I have two discs one with Yosemite and one with windows) to restart in Yosemite I found myself the Nvidia active because? I had made a backup of all the files but also by opening those give me the same mistakes of the existing ones. I'm going crazy. Attach files.

Take better notes...

There is no call to _OFF from _REG in your DSDT.

I read everything, but I do not understand first everything was fine, even now is good only for NVIDIA. I attach files.

This set shows you calling _OFF from _INI. As discussed earlier, it doesn't work because your _OFF method accesses the EC. The EC is not ready when _INI is called... you must wait until _REG. This is already mentioned in detail earlier in the thread. Please read it.

I re-read the whole post, but I can not understand are too many procedures. You must forgive me, but this is my first hack you can repeat as I proceed now please

Post #44. Read it carefully.

FYI: I added a patch to my laptop DSDT patch repo: "Disable from _REG (DSDT)"

I re-read the whole post, and reapplied to all patches DSDT / SSDT virgins. but should not be the same before and was now no longer. So from what I understand you can not turn off right?

I don't know if you're saying it worked or didn't work. And I don't know if you applied the patch to _REG or _INI (_INI would be wrong, _REG would be right).

Hello RehabMan I reapplied all over again your advice but I can not understand why the graphics now is reviewed. Before you put the hd windows with the NVIDIA was no longer view. I am attaching the files that I'm using now. Thanks again for everything.

What is the issue?

Also, you should NOT be calling _OFF from _INI.

you may repeat the string of code, and where do I apply

It is an edit *you* made in one of the SSDTs for your nvidia...

The call to _OFF should be added only in one place: _REG in DSDT.

You just have to pay attention to what you're doing.

You will need both SSDT9 and SSDT10. Normally, you call _OFF from _INI:

in SSDT9.dsl

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._ADR)
//added
External(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF()
        }
I don't expect it will work, because your _OFF method accesses the EC, and the EC is not available at the time _INI is called...

You will probably need to call it from _REG in DSDT:

Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)  // _REG: Region Availability
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
                {
                    Store (Arg1, ECFL)
// added...
if (LEqual(Arg1,1)) {
    External(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
    \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF()
}
                }
            }
Make sure you apply any renames equally (eg. if you rename GFX0 to IGPU, make sure you do it in all SSDTs you include)

Calling from _REG can be problematic, because sometimes the nvidia drivers have already started loading, and then the device suddenly disappears when _REG is called.

this is the problem? I applied both in ssdt9 and dsdt