built in GPU on Optiplex 755

Tmarkr

69 posts in this topic

the version of IORegistryExplorer that I found was V.3, which is not compatible with Snow Leopard and I can't find v.2 anywhere.

I tried Chameleon Wizard to extract the DSDT, but it directs me to the Extra folder, but i don't have anything to choose, I will try DSDTEditor to see if I can get something from that. Is there a specific folder or file that DSDT has to be extracted from?  Everything I find out there just says the Extra folder

so I'm an idiot, what can I say....

I've got the two files, but I've got no way to attach them.  I've got no upload button on my page and I haven't found where in my settings I set this up, I've asked on these forums at least a half dozen times and no one has answered me... :wallbash:

The 1st time I didn't add spaces in between each item

2nd time, lots of type scrolling and stalled...

post-1373946-0-82185400-1411155751_thumb.jpg

Also I noticed the boot screen has lion, is there coding for Lion OS?

post-1373946-0-98803200-1411155893_thumb.jpg

I'm also not able to boot at all, even in safe mode, hanging at grey apple spinning wheel

So at this point I need to do a reinstall from disk, just so I can figure out what I'm going to do and get my Internet back. So I should just be able to load OS from my boot loader disk and instead I'd erasing the disk just install so I don't lose everything on my hd. Maybe I will look into ML,either by way of myhack or chris1111's method

Well I don't know... All I can suggest is you limit yourself to a myHack vanilla install using the pack I gave you. For the rest, your current setup/install is beyond me.

So, if I were to go with the MyHack install and then use the pack you gave me as the extra folder, do you think that my Internet and audio would work right off the bat? Those were the issues I had with the MyHack install. Or better off, go to Mountain Lion and not have any issues

I know this is probably a silly question, but...

should I being doing the Mountain Lion as a fresh install?? I wasn't and I am wondering if that is why I crashed during install

or... since my SL is running in 32-bit, when I start my install should I throw in the arch=x86_64 boot flag?

thanks again to everyone who has been patient and  big help in this project

so... now I think I either have a bad CMOS battery or my BIOS is outdated or both.  One minute I can boot from USB, the next minute I can't.  now I have to figure out how to load a new BIOS, I think I know how its just a matter of finding away to get the BIOS unpacked and on a USB.  The battery I don't think is a big deal.

OK....

swapped out to another harddrive

loaded myHack install of 10.6.3

installed 755 pack from Herve using myHack

updated to 10.6.8

got audio working

got Ethernet connected, but still internet connection eventhough everything said it was connected

this is where it goes wrong...

updated Chameleon to 2290, using Chameleon Wizard , I get to the OSXLatitude boot page then I get a black screen with blinking cursor. No combination of Pciroot=(1,2,3,4) work, I can't even boot into safe mode

Try to run myHack 10.8 installer to upgrade and I get Apple page with forever spinning wheel

No combinations of Pciroot=(1,2,3,4) work

is it PCIRoot or PCIRootUID or Pciroot?? I've seen both mentioned in forums

thanks