Lenovo G570 43347?

Pasarel

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm starting this topic because both Windows and Linux have failed me when it came to multimedia production. I am now looking to move to Mac OS X (Snow Leopard or higher), though I have some doubts that my configuration would be able to sustain it. These are my specs:

CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics Family
RAM: 4.0 GB

I don't really care if it would take a lot of effort to install OS X - as long as it's theoretically possible, I'm fine with it.

Thanks,
Alex

Are you sure you want to? You will have NO QE/CI (Quartz Extreme/Core Image) aka HW acceleration and therefore doing anything in Lion or above will be extremely laggy and will not do well in production. Snow Leopard is somewhat usable without QE/CI, but many applications require it (ex. iWork '09). Without the rest of the specs, there is no way to tell if the rest of the things (Sound, WiFi, Ethernet, etc.) will work.

Sorry, it was 3 AM when I posted this, here are the rest of the specs (copy & pasted from EVEREST to make sure it's accurate).

Motherboard:      CPU Type                                          2x , 1500 MHz      Motherboard Name                                  Unknown      Motherboard Chipset                               Unknown      System Memory                                     4039 MB      BIOS Type                                         Unknown    Display:      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (1839032 KB)      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (1839032 KB)      Monitor                                           Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB]    Multimedia:      Audio Adapter                                     High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]    Storage:      IDE Controller                                    Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller      Disk Drive                                        WDC WD3200BPVT-24JJ5T0 ATA Device      Optical Drive                                     MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ8B1AS ATA Device      SMART Hard Disks Status                           Unknown    Partitions:      C: (NTFS)                                         102299 MB (10336 MB free)      D: (NTFS)                                         102399 MB (21725 MB free)      Total Size                                        199.9 GB (31.3 GB free)    Input:      Keyboard                                          Standard PS/2 Keyboard      Mouse                                             Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad    Network:      Network Adapter                                   Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)      Network Adapter                                   Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)      Network Adapter                                   Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter  (192.168.10.202)      Network Adapter                                   Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter      Network Adapter                                   TAP-Windows Adapter V9

I also own one of those M-Audio Fast Track USB sound cards, so if my integrated card doesn't work, maybe the USB one will. 

It is most likely that only your HW acccel won't work in this computer. Can you try to find the codec for the sound? ex. ALCxxx

You should be able to find this by searching the internet, or you can post the model/make here. 

If you have very extreme tech skills, try upgrading to a Core i3, which will make everything compatible.

Honestly, I don't even care if the sound works or not, as I found out that my external card is fully compatible with OS X. 

Anyway, I'm trying to install Snow Leopard using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Legacy, but it keeps giving me kernel panics, saying it was unable to find the ACPI driver - that happens before the installer starts. What should I do?

Thanks, but it seems that my machine is only able to run Leopard through virtualization, and the latest version of myHack requires at least Snow Leopard. I've been searching the Internet all day for a myHack version that can run on Leopard, but all the files seem to have been taken down. Do you know where I can get an older version of it (2.2, 2.0...)?