Samsung R580, Newbie at DSDT

iam.Dj

5 posts in this topic

Hey there folks! So, I've been doing hackintosh-es since snow leopard but without dsdt's. Now I think I need one for my brightness and AppleHDA. Sir Rehabman told me to use the IRQ patch and use layout 12 for my audio. I've applied those patches without the brightness thingy and after that, I tried to compile it and holy {censored}, I got a lot of errors. 22 of them actually. So, here's a newbie asking for help. Can someone out there be kind enough to help me on my dsdt? It'll be an honor for me. :D Thanks! :D

Laptop specs:

Intel Core i5-520m, 2.4 Ghz

Realtek ALC269

Nvidia GT330m 1gb vram

Athero AR9285 Wireless

Synaptics Trackpad

3 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0/eSata port

Thanks again! :D

Samsung R580.zip

Hey there folks! So, I've been doing hackintosh-es since snow leopard but without dsdt's. Now I think I need one for my brightness and AppleHDA. Sir Rehabman told me to use the IRQ patch and use layout 12 for my audio. I've applied those patches without the brightness thingy and after that, I tried to compile it and holy {censored}, I got a lot of errors. 22 of them actually. So, here's a newbie asking for help. Can someone out there be kind enough to help me on my dsdt? It'll be an honor for me. :D Thanks! :D

Laptop specs:

Intel Core i5-520m, 2.4 Ghz

Realtek ALC269

Nvidia GT330m 1gb vram

Athero AR9285 Wireless[/size]

Synaptics Trackpad[/size]

3 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0/eSata port

Thanks again! :D

Use ACPI 4.0.

Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Erorr"

• Like 1

Wow! hahah! Didn't know you were here too Sir Rehabman! Thanks a lot! That cleared a lot of errors! :D By the way, can I use the brightness patch?

edit 1: 

I get a lot of this:

Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)

Use of compiler reserved name (_T_1)

Result is not used, operator has no effect

Wow! hahah! Didn't know you were here too Sir Rehabman! Thanks a lot! That cleared a lot of errors! :D By the way, can I use the brightness patch?

There may be a brightness patch for your hardware ("Brightness Fix"?), but your hardware is old and I'm not sure what you need as far as brightness control with old nvidia hardware.

edit 1: 

I get a lot of this:

Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)

Use of compiler reserved name (_T_1)

Result is not used, operator has no effect

Normal.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm now rocking my first DSDT for my laptop. xD hahaha! Thanks a lot sir RehabMan! :D

Alright, I'm now rocking my first DSDT for my laptop. xD hahaha! Thanks a lot sir RehabMan! :D