Mavericks on Haswell - No longer working

DesolataX

5 posts in this topic

I've got a Dell Optiplex 9020 with a 4770 using integrated graphics (HD4600 rev06). I originally used this guide and I had no issues http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6006-optiplex-9020-wip/

I ran Chameleon Wizard and updated to the latest version. Now when I try to boot, it'll show the Apple logo for about 2 seconds and then reboot. In verbose mode, it reads all of the kexts, and then as soon as it's about to actually start loading the OS, it reboots. Nothing gets posted in to any of logs on the system

I can still boot in to safe mode.

I've tried -v, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, IntelAzulFB=0-15, With/without DSDT from the guide above, and no luck getting it to boot.

If I use -f, I get to DSMOS has arrived, BluetoothHCUController start completed, and then it hangs indefinitely.

I've tried rolling back Chameleon to a few earlier versions, but I don't remember what I was on when it booted properly.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The current plist is:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/Extra/mach_kernel</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks, the new kernel lets me boot normally, but there is an odd issue. I can only boot with 1 monitor plugged in. If I boot with two, it goes past the Apple screen and then my monitors flicker from power save to standby and back. If I plug in the monitor after I've logged in, it works. Rebooting with both plugged in doesn't boot properly (flickering)

I also get "an error occured during activation" error in iMessage. I've got FileNVRAM.dylib loaded which has solved this issue in the past, and my smbios seems to be correct.

Any ideas?

• 3 months later...

I have an Optiplex 9020 too.  And I followed the same guide to get it set up in the first place.  Mine is actually working pretty well (see below for the two issues).  I hadn't tried two monitors until just now to test it out and they both work well.  Functionality appears normal.  The only weirdness was the menubar on the second screen wasn't opaque initially.  After I clicked over to that screen it did turn opaque and now seems to be working fine.  I only have one DisplayPort monitor, though.  The other monitor is hooked in using a passive DP-DVI adapter which, I believe, effectively turns the jack into a DVI jack and therefore that may not be a real dual DisplayPort test.  The monitor I have hooked in using a DP connection is running 1920x1200 and the second monitor is running 1600x1200. 

So what kind of connections did you use?  If any adapters, do you know if they were passive or active?  What was the resolution of your screens?  Also, what MacOS are you running?  10.9.4? 

Also, a question for you: I have two issues with the setup.  One is that I can't get wake to work and the other is audio.  I haven't gotten a chance to work on the audio, but I've been burning up days on the sleep/wake issue.  I just can't get it to work - it sleeps okay but when it wakes, the screen is either black (on the high res) or blinking grey (on low res).  Can you report back whether you have sleep and wake working?  And if so, what monitor set up you have?  (how many, what connectors, what resolution, etc.)  Thanks! 

Sleep doesn't work for me either, but I leave my workstation on 24/7 since I have some software that I need to have running all of the time. I've got two Dell monitor using passive DP-DVI adapters. If I restart my workstation I have to remove the second displayport cable for it to boot. It's an annoyance, but I couldn't figure out what the heck it was and gave up.

As far as the iMessage, it seemed to resolve itself one day where it signed in after a reboot. Haven't had an issue since, so I'm not sure what happened.