Lenovo G510. Blank Screen on Boot with Clover

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been Hackintoshing on my previous HP 1000 Notebook PC and I was triple booting Windows 8.1, Maverciks 10.9.2 and Ubuntu 13.10.

I was using EFI Boot mode and using Clover.

However, I recently purchased a new Laptop Lenovo G510 with Haswell I3-4000M and HD4600 Graphics, and I want to triple again .

However, now when I boot with Clover in EFI Mode, I get the possible list of Partitions / Operating Systems. One of them is Mavericks. When I select Mavericks, I end up with a blank screen. I have tried almost all combinations of boot arguments such as -x -v -f Graphics Enabler IGPEnabler PCIRootUID npci etc etc. But I dont get any thing on screen at all when I select Mavericks.

There is something more that I will add to it. I know that the Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is not supported here, but when I boot with these arguments -v -x -f using the Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB, the system does boots up without good Graphics with no Graphics Kexts loaded. Even with Tonymac's USB i cannot boot if I omit the -x argument.

Anyhow, my goal is to boot with Clover only, one because of its EFI Boot Capability and secondly because it boots up very fast.

Please help me with this issue. I know I have to deal with the Kexts etc later on, but atleast, there should be a display in the Verbose mode. Only when I will have the Display then I will be able to figure out what is wrong. But in this case I am totally Blank

Hello,

I have been Hackintoshing on my previous HP 1000 Notebook PC and I was triple booting Windows 8.1, Maverciks 10.9.2 and Ubuntu 13.10.

I was using EFI Boot mode and using Clover.

However, I recently purchased a new Laptop Lenovo G510 with Haswell I3-4000M and HD4600 Graphics, and I want to triple again .

However, now when I boot with Clover in EFI Mode, I get the possible list of Partitions / Operating Systems. One of them is Mavericks. When I select Mavericks, I end up with a blank screen. I have tried almost all combinations of boot arguments such as -x -v -f Graphics Enabler IGPEnabler PCIRootUID npci etc etc. But I dont get any thing on screen at all when I select Mavericks.

There is something more that I will add to it. I know that the Tonymac's ##### is not supported here, but when I boot with these arguments -v -x -f using the Tonymac's ##### USB, the system does boots up without good Graphics with no Graphics Kexts loaded. Even with Tonymac's USB i cannot boot if I omit the -x argument.

Anyhow, my goal is to boot with Clover only, one because of its EFI Boot Capability and secondly because it boots up very fast.

Please help me with this issue. I know I have to deal with the Kexts etc later on, but atleast, there should be a display in the Verbose mode. Only when I will have the Display then I will be able to figure out what is wrong. But in this case I am totally Blank

Maybe ask Tony?Here is not way ....... :blush:

• 3 weeks later...