Help to Install Maverick in ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (P2.70 patched BIOS/UEFI)

thetman

4 posts in this topic

Hi    :)

I am really struggling getting 10.9 running on my primary computer:

Hardware:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (P2.70 patched BIOS/UEFI)

Core i7 3770k

GTX670

750GB SATA hard drive

That is the relevant info for now. Once I can get Mavericks booted I will solve specific drivers issues such as LAN and audio and USB3

Software:

Currently I have 10.9 installed onto my intended hard drive. I used the myHack USB creator on my Dell Inspiron which is running ML. The computer will only boot with the -x flag and GraphicsEnabler=No. I did try the myFix on the USB by booting into the installer and running it via Terminal with no luck. I have also tried a few settings in Chameleon Wizard with 0 success as well

I would like to know if someone could give me some personal assistance working out my issues.

Thanks.

Tyler

Edited by fantomas1
topic cleaned!!! ^_^

go to your bios and put off your IGPU "integrate Graphics", then go to S/L/Extensions and delete all  graphics kexts IntelHD, AMD, ATI, repair permissions with Kext Wizard/reboot only with -v, if this stop, take a photo and post here.

iFire, sorry for the late response. Your suggestions helped. I did a clean install and followed your instructions. I can now boot into normal mode. I still have to use the GraphicsEnabler=No method to boot but everything appears smoother with no tearing opening stuff like Launchpad. I am now working on ethernet, audio and figuring out why only USB3 devices work in my front USB3 ports.