Help - HP DV3000 series

itprotj

6 posts in this topic

I'm currently in the process of getting a HP Pavilion DV3000 working with Mavericks and so far it can install and boot up fine.

But theres a few drivers I can't find to get certain things working such as:

Battery Meter (Detects when power adapter connected and when its running on battery but no percentage shows up)

Audio/Microphone (doesn't detect any audio device connected)

Camera (doesn't work)

Trackpad (Works fine but says it isn't installed in System Prefs, not sure why)

Time (Not displaying correctly, Not sure what driver is needed for this!)

On a plus side I've got the LAN working so far and it seems to wake from sleep too. For my WiFi though I'll have to buy a USB WiFi key since my BIOS has a wireless card whitelist.

I found this thread with a driver pack for the DV3000

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/155318-guide-hp-pavilion-dv3540es-3500-series-leopard-retail-1058/page-11

But its two years old and all the links are dead :(

Anyone know where to get working kexts for my device?

My full laptop model is: HP Pavilion DV3021TX

Thanks!

EDIT: Found battery manager kext, now displaying percentage fine.

Hello fellow Pavilion DV user!

According to your laptop's specifications (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01456505&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3708587) it seems that most of your hardware matches mine (see my signature). I have made a guide for it ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294490-guide-mac-os-x-109-mavericks-on-hp-pavilion-dv6700-series/ ) that you can follow or pick fixes from, there are also working kexts attached to the post in question. You can see what is confirmed as working, not working and not tested near the beginning of the post. You can also get the battery information fully working by following this guide by gsly: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/264597-hp-dvx-acpi-3x4x-battery-driver-106107/ .

About the WiFi card, if you're feeling adventurous, there are BIOSes online with the whitelist removed. However, as I'm sure you know, flashing an improper BIOS to your laptop could brick it, so you're pretty much on your own here.

What is the exact problem you're having with time?

Hi SARodrigues, good to see someone still around these parts with a DV series Pavilion.

Some time ago when I was attempting to get myself running on MAC OSX Lion, I searched through the internet and found bits of information on how to whitelist a WLAN card but after weighing up the risks I decided in the end to abandon getting the internal WiFi working.

I looked through your post and was very interested with your audio driver but unfortunately did not work for me. On re-reading I saw your device has Realtek whilst mine is an

IDT 92HD71B7. I have googled and found many forum topics over the internet describing ways to adding "PinConfigs" or something like that to create your own audio driver but seeing as these posts were created in 2009 or older the download links they provide for such tools are dead and can't help me. So far I can't find a working kext and the kext I had that "partially worked" on Lion does not work on Mavericks.

About my laptop time it seems my clock is completely incorrect and not getting the time/date from the BIOS and in return displaying an invalid day and time. I'm not sure what kind of kext I would need to fix that problem!

Hi guys,

Got the time working fine and have ordered a small USB WiFi dongle.

With the audio I've used about 3-4 different VoodooHDA Kexts but none seem to work properly. Would either of you have any recommendations on which specific one(s) I could try?

Out of curiosity, is your laptop able to shutdown and restart properly?

Sure can! I can click the apple logo up top left and hit either shutdown or restart and it seems to function correctly.

EDIT:

I tried using that VoodooPS2 Kext you had in the topic you linked and whilst it made my trackpad unusable with the mouse glitching all over the place it enabled my DVD drive to be used. Is there any way to disable the trackpad part of that kext?