Hello,

I just got done installing Mavericks DP1 via Pandoras Box

Everything is working fine except I can only make it boot via the USB

When I try to boot without the USB I get the error below:

boot0:GPT  

boot0:error

I have used Chameleon Wizard and install the boot loader to my only hard drive and made sure it was the newest revision to support Mavericks.

Any idea why it still gives the boot error on loading without USB? I would love to boot without the USB if all possible.

I am not having to use any flags to boot either. The Pandoras Box USB works just fine I just want it to boot on its own.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ray

You probably need to manually install boot1h, sometimes caused by 4k block sizes. When I had that problem I had to run this 3 times before it successfully completed.

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/identifier_of_mavericks_partition bs=4096

For this problem:

In humble action, Just one thing very simple that I resolved this problem:

Install the new one of " chameleon wizard " then you take option " boot1h".

That's all.

Hello,

I just got done installing Mavericks DP1 via Pandoras Box

Everything is working fine except I can only make it boot via the USB

When I try to boot without the USB I get the error below:

I have used Chameleon Wizard and install the boot loader to my only hard drive and made sure it was the newest revision to support Mavericks.

Any idea why it still gives the boot error on loading without USB? I would love to boot without the USB if all possible.

I am not having to use any flags to boot either. The Pandoras Box USB works just fine I just want it to boot on its own.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ray

Easy fix install bootloader from Downloads section -----> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/

Regards ---

It is wierd. I NEVER could get the Maverick HD to boot without giving boot0 errors GPT ect...but I plugged in my old ML HD and the Chameleon bootloader came up and let me choose between ML or Maverick and works.

Is there a way once I get into ML and pull up Chameleon to make the Maverick default? I want it to load first instead of Maverick. If not I have to wait and select which one.

The goal is to get get rid of ML once I can get the bootloader working right on Maverick because my ML has a lot of issues that need to rebe done by a clean install.

So again I was told it is easier to fix a bootlader issue from the ML side...then maybe I can get rid of ML completely and redo it later. If so please suggest how I can fix the bootloader issues on ML and make Maverick boot then I can redo ML later once Maverick is booting on its own ok.

Sorry I know its long and confusing! I have learned a lot!

My solution for this problem is to temporarily install the target HD (Mavericks in this case) into an external USB drive case. Boot into ML and install the bootloader onto Mavericks (in the external case). Remove Mavericks from the USB case and install into the computer case. It should boot without error.