[HELP]Load Properly x86platformplugin.kext of DELL VOSTRO 3560

antoniodapc

24 posts in this topic

Hello guys who helps me to properly load this kext in x86platformplugin.kext content in  IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext,

because I see that in my Hakintosh the CPU is not recognized correctly.

I tried to change SMBIOS and BootLoad, but I always have the same results, both with Enoch that with Clover, the kext is not never loaded and the cpu never recognized

Can you Give me a hand?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, with Clover only set this key: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#GenerateIvyStates.

Alternatively you can use Pike R. Alpha's script to generate an SSDT and use it instead: https://raw.github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh.

EDIT: I remember you posted in the Clover thread earlier, you might want to link to your previous posts so people avoid collecting the same information again. Sorry, don't know how to help you.

Edited by k3nny
  • Like 1

I'm running 10.9, I don't think the AppleACPIPlatform.kext I have would work on your laptop if I uploaded it from my system, assuming you're on ML. The 10.9 DP2 kext has a version of 2.0, the 10.8.4 kext has a version number of 1.7. I think the downgraded kext is at version 1.1-something or 1.34.

Open a Terminal and run 'kextstat | grep AppleACPIPlatform' and see what number you get between the brackets.

I'm running 10.9, I don't think the AppleACPIPlatform.kext I have would work on your laptop if I uploaded it from my system, assuming you're on ML. The 10.9 DP2 kext has a version of 2.0, the 10.8.4 kext has a version number of 1.7. I think the downgraded kext is at version 1.1-something or 1.34.

Open a Terminal and run 'kextstat | grep AppleACPIPlatform' and see what number you get between the brackets.

this is my version

11    2 0xffffff7f807a3000 0x58000    0x58000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.7) <10 9 7 6 5 4 3 1>

It's not that, then, sorry. k3nny's most likely right. I don't use Clover, but if you've actually set GenerateIvyStates to yes and it's doing the right thing, I think with IORegistryExplorer, you should see plugin-type under CPU0 (can't confirm, Sandy Bridge here).

To use ssdtPRGen, in a Terminal:

curl https://raw.github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh > ssdtPRGen.sh #not that I particularly recommend doing this with random scripts off the Internet...
bash ./ssdtPRGen.sh
ssdtPRGen is very easy to use. I think if you're using Clover it should automatically put the ssdt.aml it generates into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You'll probably need to turn off Clover's options to fix states etc. too

I had posted the wrong reg excuseme.

ssdt custom I had eliminated

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
FO
RTL8192CU: Ethernet address 00:0f:13:05:0c:d9
SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xffff
SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xffff

System&Iore.zip