Specs are as follows:
Intel Core i7 Cpu (720Qm)
Stock with 4GbDDR3 RAM (Upgraded to 8Gb)
500Gb Western Digital SataII HDD
AMD Radeon HD 5650..?? GPU with 1Gb RAM(don't remember off the top of my head as I'm writing this off my wife's laptop)
out of the box wireless works, display works at 1024x762 resolution, USB 2.0 Works. (USB 3.0 takes some work)
I have not tried the eSata or headphone jack yet but until I fixed the display I used Google Chrome browser instead of Safari (Seemed to fix glitching with flash or java)
I know it is lengthy but it works.
Here is a guide to install Mac OS X 10.8.3 on ASUS N61JQ. Sorry for some poor English. It has been translated from Spanish.
- Have a copy of Mountain Lion original, although we will not need.
- Download Hazard 10.8. http :/ / leohazard.com / download.html
iv. Download attachments:http://www.multiupload.nl/EI6U08EORT
- Download the installer with the latest version of Clover http://sourceforge.n...iles/Installer/
- have USB keyboard hand Keep a USB external hard drive can be formatted.
vii. Keep a 8GB pendrive pendrive
- Keep a 1 or 2 GB. Reset default laptop BIOS.
ix. A usable version of Mac OS X either a real Mac.
- If you do not have one, you can always burn Hazard iso to a DVD and boot from it with -v-x to have the disk utility. started with the mess ...
2. Create a 8GB pendrive boot with one partition and GUID format. Hazard
- Restore the image of the pen drive with Disk Utility.
- Navigating the *. Hazard iso mounted, access Systema / Installation / Packages, find the latest version of Chameleon there, and install it on the stick.
- Once in the installer, open Disk Utility and format the hard laptop hard GUID format and create a partition at least in HFS + journaled called Hazard.
- Mark only the 10.8.2 update in extras. Do not mark anything else ... Install the system and reboot.
- * After restarting the computer, use the stick back to the boot with modifiers -v-x and select the newly installed partition Hazard.
- create user, configure the Internet connection, keyboard, etc..
- * Download from the Apple 10.8.3 combo update and install it WITHOUT REBOOT.
- When done, without rebooting the system, run kext utility.
- * Open the disk utility and format the EXTERNAL HDD in GUID, creating at least one partition in HFS + journaled format, called USB-Hazard .
18. * When we have the backup made with carbon copy cloner external hard disk, we extract for safety.
- * Install the supplied kexts with Kext Wizard in our part of the laptop, Hazard, in S / L / E. repair permissions and rebuild cache.
- * We insert the bootable USB, external hard disk and restart the computer.
- We take the partition of the laptop so you do not want to miss, as the combo update and all programs. 's now when we format the internal hard drive of the laptop in MBR. Create the first partition in HFS + journaled, called Hazard, using MBR. Once formatted, and created partitions final restore the system again, but now the external hard drive to internal notebook. (From USB-Hazard to Hazard).
- * Open the disk utility, insert the flash drive 1 or 2 GB, we format it in fat32, we call Clover CLOVER and install it with the default options, setting to install only all subjects and end all, the Clover update option. Through this, we will have a method alternate boot if the laptop fails, serve well to make up tests.
- * Now your computer should be able to boot itself from the USB without doing anything, just by pressing enter when the icon appears Lion. In the event that partitions Clover same name way, and do not know which is which, if we know what each of them occupies, press the space bar above the first and tell us regarding the partition occupies. With that we will know if it is internal or external.
- * If you have worked all this far, congratulations, we move to the next phase.
- * If you can not boot from the flash drive, check that you have not screwed up by editing the config.plist. It worked the boot? Nothing, now it repeat steps Clover installation, but now in the laptop's hard drive, use the files we've released in in pendrive and overwrite in the same directory of the hard disk after installation Hazard.
- It is a step that can fail sometimes, so I recommend updating the backup carbon copy cloner if not start.
32. Reboot the computer. opened the installer included and seek: Drivers / Audio / VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Miscellaneous USB 3.0 Universal install.
- When finished, go back to Systema / Library / Extensions and we will see the new kext VoodooHDA.kext We copy it to your desktop.
- Once copied, we change the color to red, copy the supplied fileinfo.plist, VoodooHDA.kext click on desktop, right click, Show Package Contents, we enter into Contents and paste. We replace the file. VoodooHDA.kext
- install the software and perform again used backup carbon copy cloner to the external hard drive. verified that starts USB backup ... if it does not, remove your EFI folder, reinstall Clover and replace the files that have edited and saved in a safe place: config.plist refit.conf