ASUS N61JQ (Intel Core i7) How to install

2 posts in this topic

I have been looking everywhere for a suitable guide or someone with the same laptop that has successfully installed OS X 10.8 to get a few things right. So far this has worked best for me. I know this is a pretty powerful laptop considering it's age. (I know it's not a brand new Alienware or even close) but it beats most models available in retail stores today I feel.

Specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7 Cpu (720Qm)

Stock with 4GbDDR3 RAM (Upgraded to 8Gb)

500Gb Western Digital SataII HDD

Blu-Ray drive

AMD Radeon HD 5650..?? GPU with 1Gb RAM(don't remember off the top of my head as I'm writing this off my wife's laptop)

out of the box wireless works, display works at 1024x762 resolution, USB 2.0 Works. (USB 3.0 takes some work)

I have not tried the eSata or headphone jack yet but until I fixed the display I used Google Chrome browser instead of Safari (Seemed to fix glitching with flash or java)

I know it is lengthy but it works.

Here is a guide to install Mac OS X 10.8.3 on ASUS N61JQ. Sorry for some poor English. It has been translated from Spanish.

iv. Download attachments:

vii. Keep a
pendrive
  • Keep a 1 or 2 GB. Reset default laptop BIOS.

ix. A usable version of Mac OS X either a real Mac.
  • If you do not have one, you can always burn Hazard iso to a DVD and boot from it with -v-x to have the disk utility. started with the mess ...

2. Create a 8GB pendrive boot with one partition and GUID format. Hazard

1. Restore the image of the pen drive with Disk Utility.

4. * Run ShowHiddenFiles and give to show hidden files.

1. Navigating the *. Hazard iso mounted, access Systema / Installation / Packages, find the latest version of Chameleon there, and install it on the stick.

6. * Boot the computer with the stick, with modifiers -v-x *

1. Once in the installer, open Disk Utility and format the hard laptop hard GUID format and create a partition at least in HFS + journaled called Hazard.
  2. Mark only the 10.8.2 update in extras. Do not mark anything else ... Install the system and reboot.
  3. * After restarting the computer, use the stick back to the boot with modifiers -v-x and select the newly installed partition Hazard.

10. * Finish the installation of the system ,

1. create user, configure the Internet connection, keyboard, etc..
  2. * Download from the Apple 10.8.3 combo update and install it WITHOUT REBOOT.

13. NOT use the software update. *

1. When done, without rebooting the system, run kext utility.

15. Upon completion, we can restart the computer.enjoys 10.8.3

1. * Open the disk utility and format the EXTERNAL HDD in GUID, creating at least one partition in HFS + journaled format, called USB-Hazard .

17. * unloaded and used Carbon copy cloner to make a copy of the system on a hard drive EXTERNAL. (From Hazard to USB-Hazard). Ignore any warnings boot. We always mark to remove anything that is not in the record to clone.http://www.bombich.com/

18. * When we have the backup made ​​with carbon copy cloner external hard disk, we extract for safety.

1. * Install the supplied kexts with Kext Wizard in our part of the laptop, Hazard, in S / L / E. repair permissions and rebuild cache.
  2. * We insert the bootable USB, external hard disk and restart the computer.

21. * We start again from the USB, and select the USB-Hazard installation on the external drive, again using the flash drive with the same options: -v-x *

1. We take the partition of the laptop so you do not want to miss, as the combo update and all programs. 's now when we format the internal hard drive of the laptop in MBR. Create the first partition in HFS + journaled, called Hazard, using MBR. Once formatted, and created partitions final restore the system again, but now the external hard drive to internal notebook. (From USB-Hazard to Hazard).

23. * When finished, start again with the flash drive with-v-x from the newly installed Mac 10.8.3 in MBR of the laptop.

1. * Open the disk utility, insert the flash drive 1 or 2 GB, we format it in fat32, we call Clover CLOVER and install it with the default options, setting to install only all subjects and end all, the Clover update option. Through this, we will have a method alternate boot if the laptop fails, serve well to make up tests.

25. * When installation is complete, access the pendrive and entered the EFI folder / CLOVER Now copy the files provided: config.plist refit.conf and replace by inside. opened Chameleon Wizard and we access SMBios section. We click on edit. selected MacBook Pro (9.1) We press the two buttons "Random" We need that data to complete the file we copied config.plist EFI / CLOVER recommend making photo config.plist Open the newly pasted file and add to copy and paste the data offered Chameleon Wizard, making sure to keep the shape file and we screw not in the file that I pass, I checked with XXXXXX what is still required. We save changes and close.

1. * Now your computer should be able to boot itself from the USB without doing anything, just by pressing enter when the icon appears Lion. In the event that partitions Clover same name way, and do not know which is which, if we know what each of them occupies, press the space bar above the first and tell us regarding the partition occupies. With that we will know if it is internal or external.
  2. * If you have worked all this far, congratulations, we move to the next phase.
  3. * If you can not boot from the flash drive, check that you have not screwed up by editing the config.plist. It worked the boot? Nothing, now it repeat steps Clover installation, but now in the laptop's hard drive, use the files we've released in in pendrive and overwrite in the same directory of the hard disk after installation Hazard.

29. Once we control it to do, we must also do it in the backup external hard disk USB-Hazard. 's time to install the audio and USB 3.

1. It is a step that can fail sometimes, so I recommend updating the backup carbon copy cloner if not start.

31. We go to our directory of Systema / Library / Extensions. seek and remove AppleHDA.kext Open Kext Wizard and reconstruct the system cache.

32. Reboot the computer. opened the installer included and seek: Drivers / Audio / VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Miscellaneous USB 3.0 Universal install.

1. When finished, go back to Systema / Library / Extensions and we will see the new kext VoodooHDA.kext We copy it to your desktop.
  2. Once copied, we change the color to red, copy the supplied fileinfo.plist, VoodooHDA.kext click on desktop, right click, Show Package Contents, we enter into Contents and paste. We replace the file. VoodooHDA.kext

35. We copy now to our directory colorado Systema / Library / Extensions and replace. opened Kext Wizard and repair permissions and rebuild the system cache. Reboot and install the other system updates. ended configuring your computer ,

1. install the software and perform again used backup carbon copy cloner to the external hard drive. verified that starts USB backup ... if it does not, remove your EFI folder, reinstall Clover and replace the files that have edited and saved in a safe place: config.plist refit.conf

37. This procedure also applies if we want to upgrade the version of Clover, but I recommend tests done before the stick. believe that I leave nothing out. I hope to serve ... Please, like I have not much time, I would ask that as far as possible, eliminate if attachments, the go up again. Greetings

• Like 1

• 6 months later...