My PC hackintosh Compatible ?

t0ks1ck

8 posts in this topic

Hello . I currently own a custom pc and would like to dual boot with OSx ! I would like to know if my parts are compatible with hackintosh before I actualy try to install OSx.

Parts:

-CPU intel i5 2500K

-Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)

-HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

-Memomy: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3

-Graphic Card: Asus hd7770 DirectCU Ghz Edition 1020Mhz 1GB

Thanks

Cpu is good. Your MB is a little unknown with hackintoshes and you need sleep to work to gain QE/CI with your graphics. So that will be pretty hard probably. If you can't get sleep working there is always the option to disable your GPU and use the HD3000 for QE/CI.

• Like 1

Alright , I wont be using my GPU on the hackintosh. Neways I probably will be dual-booting with windows 7 , So I'll be gaming with the windows and the other stuff using the OSx.

Is there anyways/places I can see if my motherboard will be working ?

Alright , I wont be using my GPU on the hackintosh. Neways I probably will be dual-booting with windows 7 , So I'll be gaming with the windows and the other stuff using the OSx.

Is there anyways/places I can see if my motherboard will be working ?

If you mean by if Ethernet or Audio works. You can search the parts on google. But your ethernet works very easy just need to install a package. Audio works with a simple kext too. You can always get the GPU working if you can find a good DSDT patch what will make sleep working. Or if your very lucky you can enable sleep with a kext to.

If you mean by if Ethernet or Audio works. You can search the parts on google. But your ethernet works very easy just need to install a package. Audio works with a simple kext too. You can always get the GPU working if you can find a good DSDT patch what will make sleep working. Or if your very lucky you can enable sleep with a kext to.

So everything should work then ?? I'll just need to update some files for the audio/ethernet ? Sounds good. I think I'll try it tonight.

Welcome here :wink2:

Thank you :)

You probably will run in some errors during boot up/install but your components are pretty easy and since you have pretty common hardware a quick google search will find a lot of solutions

• Like 1

You probably will run in some errors during boot up/install but your components are pretty easy and since you have pretty common hardware a quick google search will find a lot of solutions

Good to know. Thanks for the tips !