darkside2010

darkside2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Everyone,

Im new here so I'll give you a bit of background first,

i first installed kalyway on my toshiba satellite l40 and loved it, everything worked great but only had a 60 gig disk so eventually ive ended up with a new 160 gig, and now running windows 7 fine.

the reason i started this topic is this.....i need windows so i can use most of my VST plug ins but really want to dual boot into leopard again so can anyone point me in the right direction of how to dual boot these two together? or offer any suggestions?

any help would be great, also sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post....im new :)

thanks in advance :)

Rogiervd

Rogiervd

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh
Do you want to do a fresh install of windows 7 or do you want to hold your files?

darkside2010

darkside2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the reply,

im looking for a fresh install, already in the process of backing everything up so il probably format my HD before i start the mac process, ideally want mountain lion but....with 1.8ghz and 2gig ram....probably not going to happen :)

Rogiervd

Rogiervd

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh
With a fresh install it's much more easy.
1. Boot into OS X install and go to disk utility. Format the HDD in two partitions one Fat and one Mac Os x extended journaled
2. Dont install mac but first format the fat partition in windows to ntfs and install windows
3. when windows is installed boot back into Mac USB and install mac
From there install the bootloader etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kalyway, leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy