Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hello, I have two questions.

1)
So I am making a script to mount my external shares.
One share is the NAS and one is an USB disk on the router with the Samba capability.

The script is a simple one:
do shell script "mount -t smbfs //login:pass@<path to NAS> /<path to mount folder>"

Executing the above on the NAS works great.
Executing it on the USB disk (which is actually a samba share) doesn't work. I checked like 20 times for mistakes, but I see none. It says "No such file or directory"

However, when I go to the Finder, "Connect to Server", and type in smb://router, it connects without a question. Pulls the info from the keychain also.

Why is one Samba share working (NAS) and the other doesn't (router).

2)
I turned on samba sharing on OSX, and I can access the shares from other windows computers correctly and also log into shares properly.
However, I own a QNAP NMP-1000P media player, and it won't access the shares properly, no matter what I do.
Shares from Windows normally work however, so it's an OSX fault apparently, or simple incompatibility.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
Try using AFP share (in Mac OS X, Windows DOESN'T support AFP) if both router and NAS supports this protocol. Also worth checking how ports are setup on both.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
The router is Asus RT-N66U, it doesn't support AFP by default, at least not with the original firmware. I'm not ready to flash it to Tomato or WRT yet, I reckon that with SMB it should work. Or not?
NAS is DNS-323, also doesn't seem to support AFP. I don't quite understand why when I connect via CMD+K it works, and through the route_smbfs not...??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy