2 replies to this topic

Porto412

Porto412

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I'm busy modding a Mac G5 to an ATX PC system and have a problem regarding the G5's onboard UTP connector.

This is a standard UTP connector which has 8 pins in the plug itself, then connected on the other side of the board with the corresponding 8 soldering islands.

Now this is exactly where I'm confused:

None of the 8 contacts in the plug corresponds with the soldering islands on the board.
In other words: if I use a multimeter to test the continuity, none of the contacts/soldering islands combo's makes the meter go 'BEEEEEEEP!!!!'.

So, what's happening here? I want to use this plug to extend to another, external, plug by soldering but if there's no contact with eachother this would be a quite fruitless operation.

Is this Apple plug other than the normal standard 1:1 plug of am I doing something wrong here?

Please suggestions...

Porto

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
Would you like to upload some pix, please to easier my understanding ? Thanks .

Porto412

Porto412

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

thanks for your reply, but I figured it out. It's a plug with a build-in isolator/transformer.

I'm still busy with the mod but am making progress pictures. When I'm ready I'll post a log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy