How to extract and compile DSDT.aml with DSDT Editor

HUSABER

4 posts in this topic

For all New Users Lounge

DSDT.aml (Differentiated System Description Table) is a file used to tell OS X how to locate and enable features of your computer mainboard without checking of BIOS. It can be placed at the root of your system hard drive or in /Extra folder which depends on your installation method.

It’s possible to tweak Os X system in all sorts of ways by changing lines of code in the DSDT.aml file. Unfortunately, you can’t just open this file in TextEdit. First you must extract your DSDT.aml, convert it to DSDT.dsl, then edit it and recompile it to DSDT.aml. To make it easy there is a GUI application that allows you to do all of this in one editor.

DSDT editor can be downloaded from Mac OS:

DSDTEditor_Mac.zip or also Linux and Windows: DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows.zip. Also you will need to download patch for exact model of your mainboard. DSDT patches by mainboard can be found on my lovely site (very help me this guis)

This method will work both on Lion and Mountain Lion hackintoshes.

To Extract DSDT you should run DSDT editor after the install, when you start the Os X from your USB bootloader (Do not extract it if booted from hard drive, and if already using DSDT.aml cause it wont work). So first unzip and than open DSDT editor. System will automatically ask to instal Java (if it’s not already installed), so just accept it and wait DSDT Editor to open.

From upper Mac menu under DSDT Editor select File / Extract DSDT.

DSDT-Editor.png

Once you extracted your DSDT click Patch from upper menu and press Open, select patch for your motherboard open it and than press Apply, wait till finished and than press Close Patch. (if you need to apply more patches just repeat this step again)

dsdt-open.jpg

dsdt-select-file.jpg

dsdt-apply.jpg

Now, again from upper menu, press IASL and select compile, and than press Fix Errors if any and close Compile.

dsdt-compile.jpg

dsdt-fix-errors.jpg

Again press IASL and now select Save AML as and save it as DSDT.aml to your desktop . Otherwise, you can name this file dsdt.aml and possibly copy it to root of your’s system hard drive, all depends on your method of installation.

dsdt-save-aml-file.jpg

That’s it, now its time to use the DSDT.aml file on desktop and will copy it to /Extra folder.

DSDT Patches find here:

DSDT Patches by motherboard find here:

:thumbsup_anim:Thanks,i want to help on every people asking me for DSDT :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6

DSDT Editor provides additional, and very much needed, functionality over DSDTSE (Simple Editor), although I generally continue to use DSDTSE in preference to DSDT Editor.

DSDTSE will not, or cannot, detect instances where an assignment is being made from a wide variable or value (e.g., 64 or 32 or 16 bits) to a less wide variable (e.g., 32 or 16 bits or 8 bits). DSDT Editor can, and does.

My strong preference is to use DSDTSE for all or almost all development, until I get a clean and working DSDT, and then pass it, or rather "wash it", through DSDT Editor to catch any lingering errors, such as the assignment statement errors.

But, DSDT Editor can also catch and eliminate other errors, through use of the "Fix Errors" option of the error dialog of the compile option.

Both tools are useful to me, and I have come to depend upon DSDTSE for its rather simple interface, and also on DSDT Editor for its superior error detection and its optional correction.

This is especially helpful in a very complicated DSDT modification, such as porting Mieze's USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 compatibility mods from her MSI B75MA-P45 implementation (four slot) to another MSI or, especially, a non-MSI motherboard.

Using both DSDTSE and DSDT Editor, I have successfully ported her mods to MSI B75A-G43 (seven slot) and ASRock H77M (four slot) motherboards.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...