• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Small guide to install Snow Leopard on UX32VD-4002P.

=== Preliminary decisions
Choose one destination disk: iSSD (internal SSD) or HDD.
My choice: iSSD, it's faster.

Choose one partition-layout between: GUID or MBR.
My choice: I can only choose MBR cause I had previously deleted my EFI partition (and I don't wanna go the EFI way).
Note: In case your choice is GUID, you need to keep the EFI partition of your UX32VD - if you don't do this, your laptop won't see the bootable disk. Refer to the countless tutorials about EFI/UEFI and GUID.

=== Installation
1) Boot with Nawcom's ModCD
Note: You need Nawcom's ModCD to use the MBR-layout. Other bootloaders (most likely) won't work.

2) Swap disk with the 10.6 retail DVD (or use a previously prepared 10.6 Installation USB key)
Note: you can prepare the USB key with DiskUtility, using the "Restore" feature (Drag DVD on Source -> Drag USB-key on Destination -> Click Restore).

3) Once you're in the installer, partition your iSSD as MBR and proceed as usual.

4) Finished. Enjoy your new hackintosh (better hardware than Macbook Air 13") ;-P

=== Post install
Installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r2012
Updated to Chimera 1.11.1 (which should support IntelHD4000 - even though I read somewhere that IntelHD4000 is supported only from 10.7 and up)
Grabbed some DSDTs and assembled my own
Currently trying the Video card with different setups (device-properties EFI string, GraphicsEnabler = Yes & GraphicsMode 1920x1080x32, IntelHDPlatformID, etc.)

The laptop is *BLAZING* fast. I'll post what works during the next days....if I don't switch to ML.

Anyone who is interested, drop by and say hi ! :-)

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
=== What works running SL 10.6 - 64bit kernel out of the box (or so)

Video: the video cards aren't detected properly and without drivers there's no acceleration. However, it runs at 1920x1080 FullHD.
FN-key for video-out switching works (miniVGA works only if you boot with a monitor already attached).
FN-key to turn screen off works.
USB: works (2.0).
Wifi: card seems to be unsupported.
Bluetooth: seems to work
USB Ethernet: not tested
HDMI-out: not tested
Trackpad & Keyboard: work, but i don't use the gestures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy