• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

furball

furball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Got an older Toshiba laptop for holidays, thought I'd finally try to build a Hackintosh out of it. Trying the Kalyway 10.5.2 install disc, as that's the only one so far I could get to boot. Took overnight, but it installed. This morning I had a "select your language" screen, but the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work (no USB keyboard, just the laptop's - I understand there's a fix, but that's later), USB mouse also wouldn't work, so I rebooted. Now have "H0000000 - HFS+ Partition Error". Tried resetting the Partition ID to AF, it was already set. Tried fixing the MBR in Partition Manager - also didn't work.

I'm now reinstalling Kalyway 10.5.2 all over again, after reformatting the partition in Disk Utility. If I get that error again after rebooting, I'm stuck. I really don't have the funds to go and get a USB keyboard right now, just for this.

Am I even starting all of this right, with the later distros out there? I originally wanted to install SL on this laptop, but the iATKOS S3 wouldn't boot. I have the retail SL DVD.

Is there some required reading I'm missing?

furball

furball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK, just picked up a used USB keyboard, so once the reinstall finishes, I should have a way to access the terminal.

Forgot the system specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.70 GHz "Dalton 1024", has SSE2, no SSE3
1.5 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video
PS/2 based keyboard and trackpad
Atheros AR5005G wireless
Realtek 8139 wired ethernet

Don't really care if PCMCIA works, nobody really uses it anymore, same with the modem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy