Disable "plugins out of date" infobar popup FFox 3.6.28

1 post in this topic

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Workstation 9

Win 7 HP x64 host

VMsvga2 v1.2.5

Firefox 3.6.28

Flash 10r45 v2

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster :)

Does anyone know of a way to supress the yellow "Some plugins...are out of date" infobar popup? (screengrab below)

Using older versions Flash/Firefox per Zenith432 ("The Master") however since the link was removed I used the DMG from 188mb archive (link found here)

post-822994-0-59160200-1355735789_thumb.png

I've verified that 10r45 is the last version of Flash Player that doesn't hang Safari on OS10.6 with systems that don't support QE/CI. For the benefit of those who don't know how to find it, I've uploaded [Edit May 13 2012 - link removed] to mediafire. I suggest people having problems with Safari 10.1r102 hanging, revert to 10r45. The freeze makes it difficult to use Safari, because lots of sites have flash content. In order to revert, it's necessary to uninstall the exiting version of Flash Player like this [from a Terminal]

sudo pkgutil --forget com.adobe.pkg.FlashPlayer
sudo /bin/rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Flash\ Player.plugin

and then install 10r45.

There's also the firefox plugin [.xpt file] there. I guess it's ok to mix the .xpt plugin from r102 and the Safari plugin from r45, but installing 10r45 overwrites both.

Edit: remove tags no results :blink:

2nd Edit: Sorry, simple Google search revealed about:config "plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin" toggle to "true"

Feel free to delete...or not?