Help me enable sleep on Intel DP965LT. (Tried lots of DSDT patches and editing)

DP965LT sleep

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
1095:3132 SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller
1131:7162 Pinnacle PCTV 3010iX/7010iX TV Card
11ab:6101 Marvell RAID 614x
lots of stuff going on pci i see, i dunno if or which can cause the issue here.

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
The first 2 I had them removed during testing but I need them so I hooked them up again. They are definetely not the proble since I added them later.

The third one is probably the legacy IDE controller. There is no option to turn this of from the BIOS. Can I dissable it somehow through OS X? Maybe remove it from my DSDT?

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I found the source of the issue! It sleeps if I disable Core Multiplexing! Of course this means cutting my speed to the half and it is not a solution but I think it's a very good point to start troubleshooting!

Does having to disable secondary cores give anyone any clue of what might be wrong?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
first try voodootscsync

or might need ssdt generated
http://rampagedev.wo...-own-ssdt-17-2/

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I just had a little time to try all these.

I tried voodootscsync alone, SSDT alone, both of them together, I also tried dissabling SpeedStep in my bios while I tried them but no difference.

According to Chameleon my CPU Speed is 2131 but according to HWMonitor it is 2128. I tried both during SSDT Generation but no difference.

Actually, no matter what I do, even if I disable SpeedStep in the bios, I can see speedstep working: In HWMonitor my speed is altered all the time between two modes:
x6 1596MHz
x8 2128MHz

No matter what I didn't it didn't seem to make it stop changing states.

So I guess there is something else that overrides what I set...

Also using flag cpus=1 does not help. The only thing that makes it possible is disabling Core Multiplexing which makes it look like just one processor (when I used cpus=1 I noticed I had 2 processors but the second one was set to 0 MHz and that didn't help).

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
u are using GeneratePStates and CStates right ?

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Yes but I tried removing these options from the plist and also didn't do any difference.

Also, I installed Mountain Lion and updated to 10.8.2. I did a clean install. Nothing changed. If I dissable Core Multiplexing sleep works! With it enabled it freezes.

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Should I start a new topic now that we found the source of the problem? I see nobody is answering.. Maybe if its clear from the title that "core multiplexing" breaks sleep function more people could help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy